Contract Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
FORT GARRY MENNONITE BRETHREN CHURCH
Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
12 Month Full-Time Term
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults provides biblical, theological, cultural, and organizational leadership in the spiritual formation of youth (Grades 7-12) and Young Adults, by which they learn to:
- love and follow Jesus
- know and read and obey God’s Word
- worship and pray
- share with others in giving and acts of kindness
- talk about their faith, inviting others to follow Jesus
- participate and serve in the life of the church community
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults leads, promotes and facilitates ministries to youth and their families with a strong emphasis on building relationships, hands-on ministry, and providing continuity between the Children’s Ministry, Junior High Ministry, Senior High Ministry and Young Adults Ministry.
- Cast Vision
- Promote a church-wide vision for the spiritual formation of Youth and Young Adults in the context of the church and their families, which aligns with the church’s vision.
- Implement Strategy
- Mentor ministry leaders and volunteers and promote program strategies.
- Provide Organizational Leadership
- Develop skills of the volunteer leaders and staff. Work with and mentor a team of ministry leaders for the various ministries.
- Lead, oversee, support, and evaluate Youth and Young Adults ministries, sharing expectations for ministry leaders.
- Develop a positive and encouraging team environment that sustains volunteers and encourages their spiritual development.
- Provide Biblical and Theological Frameworks
- Identify curriculum and program materials that address biblical, theological, cultural and social issues that relate to Youth and Young Adults.
- Represent and advocate for Youth and Young Adults Ministries at Church Council and other church events.
- Participate in general associate pastor responsibilities as directed by the Lead Pastor, such as worship leading and preaching.
- Assist in screening volunteers (e.g. Sexual Abuse Registry).
- Administer the church Safe Place Policy and research and implement other policies as necessary.
- Coordinate program events, church facilities and projects.
- Source curriculum and program resources.
- Develop and administer the Jr. Youth, Sr. Youth, and Young Adults Ministry Budget.
- A Spirit-filled follower of Jesus who loves and is committed to the church.
- Spiritual and emotional maturity.
- A love for and understanding of youth and Young Adults, with a passion for their spiritual formation.
- Demonstrated success in team ministry.
- Clear Criminal Record and Abuse Registry background check
- Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biblical and Theological Studies, with courses in the area of ministry to youth.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in some aspect of leadership and ministry with Youth and/or Young Adults.
- Formal training in adolescent development, family studies or education.
- Team leader.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, especially with Youth, Young Adults, sponsors and parents.
- The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults reports to the Lead Pastor.
- The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults serves as part of the Pastoral Team, and participates in staff meetings, as well as Council and congregational meetings as required by the agenda.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Attention: Sharon Klassen by May 31, 2018.
189 total views, 2 today