Full-Time Residence Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The CMU Residence Director will live on campus and assume primary responsibility for the well being of the residential community. This person must be able to relate effectively to students and co-workers, have a keen awareness of the needs within the community, and work to address situations appropriately, and help create a healthy Christian environment. The incumbent will participate in the broader Student Life vision and work with the Student Life team to deliver the program.
Proactively provide leadership in creating a residence community that encourages students to develop emotionally, academically, relationally and spiritually. The residence program needs to provide a healthy Christian learning environment. This position reports directly to the Dean of Student Life.
- Promote wholesome structures, activities and standards within the community
- Foster excellent communication and relationships with the CMU community and external counterparts
- Participate in leadership training and on-going supervision for Residence Assistants
- Lead weekly meetings with Dorm and Apartment Council
- Respond to health and wellness needs and pastoral care as appropriate
- Assist with planning and organizing Student Leadership and Fall Retreat
- Plan community events
- Review housing applications and make housing assignments, matching roommates
- Liaison with Maintenance, Facilities and Kitchen Council
- Participate with the Student Life team with general program delivery
- Committees include Student Life Departmental Meetings, Community Council and Shaftesbury Council
- Accommodation will be on campus (with rent reduction)
- Available “on-call” evenings and weekends, must be available to work irregular hours as required
- Frequent interaction with students at meals and evening snack
- The Residence Director is encouraged, at the institutions expense, to have five meals in the CMU dining hall per week during the months of September to April
- A commitment to the Christian church and CMU’s mission, purposes and programs
- Undergraduate degree, theological training is desirable, and related experience in a post-secondary institution
- Possession of leadership and administrative skills and a personality, which will allow for a dynamic and positive relationship with student life staff, faculty and students
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Skilled in program development and implementation
- Ability to lead and mentor student leaders
- Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries, complaints, and student issues
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational ability
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and ability
How to Apply
Full-time – Commencing June 2014
Inquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-487-3300.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should send a resume along with the names of three references, in confidence to:
Director of Human Resources
Canadian Mennonite University
500 Shaftesbury Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
147 total views, 1 today