Full-time Sam’s Place Manager – MCC Manitoba
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Sam’s Place manager is responsible for the overall operations of Sam’s Place, a social enterprise that operates as a café, used bookstore and communications/entertainment venue to deliver the Youth Engagement and Skills Development Program and other program goals.
The Sam’s Place Manager is part of the Social Enterprise team and reports to the Social Enterprise Director. This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) salaried management position that requires regular evening and weekend work.
· A personal Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; and non-violent peacemaking
· Relevant post-secondary training and/or previous experience in Managing a Café preferred.
· Demonstrated strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills
· Administrative and leadership skills including the ability to develop, implement, evaluate and adjust plans to reach goals in collaboration with others.
· Previous customer service (preferably café) and management experience required
· Volunteer management experience required
· Food Handler`s certificate or willingness to acquire
· Competency to participate in grant writing preferred Must be available to work a minimum of two evenings a Open to a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends required
· Valid Manitoba Driver’s license necessary
· Successful police record check and Vulnerable Sector scan required
· Marketing knowledge
· Experience planning events
· Experience in in the food or hospitality industry (front of house) preferred
How to ApplyTo apply, please apply online by submitting a cover letter and a resume to: https://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/sams-place-manager-mcc-manitoba-0 Please note, the application process is a 2 step process: 1. Register on the system 2. Select the position you are sending your resume and cover letter to. Please contact Purity Muchiri with any questions regarding the application process at firstname.lastname@example.org.
408 total views, 1 today