Full-time Social Media Co-ordinator and Writer
Social Media Coordinator and Writer
The Writer and Social Media Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Director of Communications and Marketing and the Director of Enrolment to implement an integrated recruitment marketing strategy on behalf of the University. This individual will serve as a key Departmental resource for implementing a social media strategy for recruiting students to CMU, along with writing stories and news releases that capture CMU’s vision, multiple personal and programmatic opportunities, all with a focus on student recruitment. While the primary departmental connection is within the Communications Department, the Writer and Social Media Coordinator will create strong linkages with, and actively work alongside, staff in the Enrolment Department (Directors and Admissions Counsellors). This full-time position will report to the Director of Communications & Marketing, and will require three days per week at CMU’s 500 Shaftesbury Blvd campus and two days per week at the Menno Simons College (MSC) campus at 520 Portage Ave.
Contribute to and implement a marketing strategy to strengthen CMU and MSC’s engagement with students and alumni:
- Create and coordinate content for a strong social media presence and strategy with a focus on recruitment of students to CMU and MSC respectively. Work integrally with CMU’s Enrolment Department to shape and maintain a social media presence.
- Imagine, solicit, and write stories that capture the vision, life and impact of CMU and MSC with a focus on strengthening and supporting student recruitment. Communicate these stories, in print, web, and social media formats.
- Offer vision direction and coordinating support for the social media involvement of the Enrolment Department’s Admissions Counsellors.
- Research and write news releases, copy for marketing pieces and advertising as assigned, prepare advertorial text for media distribution, conduct research, and write stories for CMU and MSC publications.
- Take the lead in working with MSC faculty and staff to write recruitment-focused materials and web content.
- Maintain CMU and MSC brand.
- Take and/or obtain photographs suitable for use with published stories and assist with photo uploads, access, and archive processes
- Assist with text proofing
- Compile and report social media analytics to the C&M Director and Enrolment Department on a monthly basis
- Assist the C&M Web Designer in periodic reviews of CMU’s Social Media Policy
- Assume other duties from time to time as strategic emphasis evolves and as assigned by the C&M Director
- Understanding of peace and social justice studies and a commitment to the Christian church and the mission and vision of both CMU and MSC
- University degree or Technical College Degree in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing or equivalent professional training and experience
- Strong social media experience and capacity to effectively utilize social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, etc.)
- Excellent written communications skills and excellent computer skills. Familiarity with both Microsoft Office Suite and Mac platforms including PhotoShop skills for Social Media. Ability to work in InDesign an asset
- Must be available to work irregular hours as required
- Must be willing to split time between the CMU and MSC campuses.
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-594-0532. Applications will be reviewed and accepted upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should send a resume along with the names of three references, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Human Resources Canadian Mennonite University 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
724 total views, 1 today