Full-time Sr. Director, Marketing
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a full-time Sr. Director, Marketing, based out of our Waterloo, ON headquarters.
If you are looking to make a lasting positive impact on our world and if the idea of working with caring, generous supporters, and passionate, professional coworkers who share your values, then please consider this opportunity!
MEDA is a mid-sized not for profit with big impact. We work in over 60 countries with hundreds of partners to impact millions of families. Our vision is to help all people realize their God-given potential to earn a dignified livelihood – thus lifting themselves, their families and their communities out of poverty. MEDA’s distinct approach of creating business solutions to poverty has been refined, enhanced and proven over decades. We are recognized as being industry leaders in effectiveness, innovation and impact in areas including blended finance, gender equity and environmental sustainability. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional to lead our marketing department. The successful candidate will have experience leading a multi-disciplinary team raising funds for a not-for-profit focused on international development and have an affinity with our Mennonite constituency. You will have experience with major gift marketing, institutional marketing, direct mail, on-line, social media, event management, creative services and print publications.
MEDA’s Marketing Department exists to offer constituents opportunities to participate in meaningful ways with our mission – the help them grow in their philanthropy and effectively express and transmit their philanthropic values to their next generation and the world in need. The Department strives to understand the philanthropic interests of constituents in order to most effectively create, communicate and deliver engagement opportunities. For our private donors (members) these are ways that they can be faithful in their daily work by volunteering their time, talent and treasure to support MEDA’s mission.
Marketing strategic direction and planning (10%)
- Create annual marketing plan including quarterly themes with narrative arcs, target audiences and a calendar of deliverables and donor touchpoints. Set goals and track/report progress on Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop strategic corporate marketing plans, ensuring planning, execution and integration throughout MEDA.
- Provide the Marketing section of the Strategic Plan and Annual Review and Plan of Operations (ARPO).
- Ensure Marketing program targets and budgets are achieved.
- Provide Marketing quarterly reports.
- Define and oversee the execution of key Marketing Department processes.
- Drive continual marketing process improvements and strive for industry leadership.
Marketing programs, project and product management (25%) with income generation targets
- Contribute support as appropriate to campaigns, special projects, corporate events, public relations.
- Direct responsibility for income generation through Direct Mail Appeals, Gift Catalog, Bequests.
- Supportive responsibility for income generation in collaboration with Resource Development and International Operations Business Development.
- Provide project management services for key marketing deliverables.
- Select, define and champion two Personas for the two key target donor segments.
Creative communications, publications and media management (25%)
- Support the communications needs of internal client groups (Resource Development, Human Capital, Programs, Finance/Legal, Corporate Services, Executive Leadership Team, MEDA Board) with creative services.
- Ensure consistent brand management: delivery and consistency across all facets of MEDA to meet organization’s objectives for success with faith-based constituents, governments, foundations, and businesses.
- Ensure active and engaging social media and web presence focused on individual and institutional donors.
- Ensure leading edge Industry communications (in close collaboration with the Knowledge Management team and Sr. VP Programs).
- Oversee publications including The Marketplace, MEDAzine, Annual Report, Project “one-pagers” and other focused purposes pieces.
- Negotiate and manage subcontract agreements and outsource Marcomm work as appropriate.
Constituent engagement (25%)
- Direct responsibility for two headline events: Convention and Conference.
- Responsible for providing field liaison and logistical planning support for donor trips to the field.
- Promote MEDA among Anabaptist churches, church conferences, and Anabaptist-related colleges
- Supporting responsibility for Inside MEDA events and Network events.
- MEDA Network support: nurture and engage a movement of people with a shared belief in MEDA’s mission and vision and a desire to be faithful in daily work.
Staff management (15 %)
- Supervision and management of the marketing and communications team. Ensure an environment that allows for open and honest communication among team, effective management of responsibilities and deliverables, and aligns with MEDA’s values and organizational culture.
- Ensure strong collaboration among team members both within Marketing and more broadly with other departments in Strategic Engagement and MEDA as a whole.
- Build and lead the Marketing team.
- Conduct all recruitment and selection, carry out all requirements for effective and timely performance management, ensure staff continue to grow and develop appropriate skills and core competencies.
- University degree, ideally a Masters, in Business Administration, Marketing, Organizational Communication, International Economic Development or related field.
- Proven track record of 10 years of middle to senior level organizational leadership with particular skills and experience to include some combination of marketing, communications, fundraising, lobbying, business development, international economic development, or staff leadership.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty.
- Familiarity with MEDA’s individual and government constituencies, including: bi- and multi- lateral government agencies, individual, institutional, financial donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies.
- Excellent relationship skills with both internal and external constituencies.
- Strong staff management and facilitation skills.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability not only to execute strategy, but also to cooperatively develop organizational vision for marketing and communication.
- Willingness to undertake domestic and international travel as needed. Roughly 20%.
* Application deadline is September 14, 2018 at 4:30pm EST.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to ApplyPlease visit https://www.meda.org/careers to apply directly online.
121 total views, 1 today