Full-time Student Advising Coordinator
The CMU Coordinator of Student Advising oversees undergraduate academic advising at CMU. This person will understand academic programs and regulations, interpret them to students, relate effectively to students and colleagues, and have a keen awareness of the academic and personal needs within the community.
Reporting to the Dean of Student Life, the incumbent will also work closely with Enrolment Services and Academic Program Administration. The Coordinator of Student Advising will participate in the broader Student Life vision and work with the Student Life team to deliver its program.
- Coordinate academic advising and the faculty advisor program
- Coordinate the orientation process including literature for registration and orientation.
- Approve student registrations
- Facilitate student program declaration and track student progress
- Work with students on Conditional Continuance and Academic Alert
- Advise students with regard to professional and post-graduate programs
- Conduct exit interviews with students who voluntarily withdraw; including advising students who are transferring to other institutions or programs, as well as working with students to strategize a possible return to CMU
- Coordinate the student retention program
- Participate with Student Life staff in general program delivery
- Assist the Financial and Student Services Advisor with career resourcing
- Coordinate academic support programs for students
- Other related duties as required
- A commitment to the Christian church and CMU’s mission, purposes and programs
- Master’s degree would be an asset
- Understanding of university programs and career options
- Education and experience in student advising
- Administrative experience and ability with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Passion for relating to students, and enthusiasm for working as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in program development and implementation
- Able to mentor students and engage with faculty
- Able to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and student issues
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
- Strong Microsoft Office and database knowledge and ability
- Must be available to work some irregular hours as required
View comprehensive job description at http://www.cmu.ca/employment.php?s=9
How to Apply
Full-time – Commencing June 2014
Inquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-487-3300. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled.
Applicants should send a resume along with the names of three references, in confidence to:
Director of Human Resources
Canadian Mennonite University
500 Shaftesbury Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
262 total views, 1 today