Full-time Transition Pastor
Posting for the role of Transition Pastor at Kelowna Gospel Fellowship
Kelowna Gospel Fellowship Church is a very dynamic, active, growing family of all ages. On any given Sunday, you’ll encounter lots of babies and young kids, a growing number of teenagers and college students, singles, marrieds, and seniors. We average approximately 700 people between two services on Sunday mornings, with numerous ministries running throughout the week. KGF is committed to being a place that teaches the word of God in an understandable and relevant fashion.
Transition Pastor with Kelowna Gospel Fellowship.
This role can be between 75% to full-time (negotiable).
The purpose of the Transition Pastor shall be to ready the church for its next season of ministry. The main areas of focus will be:
1. Bringing staff, Board, and congregation through a structural, cultural and philosophy of ministry review, taking into account the results of the recent church-wide assessment. The completion of said review will result in a clear picture of the focus and structure of our ministries, and the structure of our Lead Team, including a profile of what we are looking for in a Lead Pastor.
2. Advise Board and Lead Team on areas needing to be addressed and facilitate adoption of Board-approved changes.
3. Preaching: Participate in co-designing the preaching roster, in collaboration with the preaching team, and preaching 45% of the Sundays or 12 sermons in the 6 months.
The Transition pastor will give overall leadership to the transition process, in partnership with the Board and Pastoral Staff. The transitional process will include the following eight transitional elements:
1. Ensure closure to the past: asking the hard questions, while providing support and
2. Ensure relevant preaching and support strategic, transparent communication to staff, congregation and beyond
3. Ensure effective short-term administration
4. Ensure pastoral care of the staff and supporting them in pastoral care of the congregation
5. Facilitate spiritual and relational renewal as needed; working with key board and Lead Team members to gather staff, board and key congregation in times of retreat to discern items 5-7.
6. Facilitate mission and vision renewal as per assessment results and further discernment
7. Facilitate structural renewal as per assessment results and further discernment
8. Facilitate the search process based on finalized structure and Lead Pastor attributes identified through processes above.
Based on the findings of the Ministry Assessment, specific attention will be given to the assessment recommendations, specifically the areas called “possible systemic issues:”
• Un-surrendered ambitions and preferences
• Unclear mission, values and vision
• Unclear and/or unsustainable ministry model
The Transition Pastor will partner with the Lead Team and the Board as they:
• Engage in facilitated Leadership Conversations with congregational participation to answer and address the following questions:
– Where have we been? (What can we learn from the past)
– Where are we going? (Mission, values and vision)
– How will we get there? (Key issue(s) moving forward)
• Work towards structural and organizational renewal as necessary
Other questions or issues that arise will be addressed together with the Board and Pastoral Staff.
Transition Pastor Profile
The Transition Pastor’s Character will be marked by:
• A collaborative approach to decision-making, one that comes alongside others with a balance of challenge and support
• An open curiosity and a listening heart
• A desire to serve
• Discernment and submission to the Spirit
The Transition Pastor’s Skills must be:
• Facilitation and coaching
• Structural/organizational understanding (be able to see and speak to how structure shapes and impacts ministry)
• Conflict management and resolution
• Preaching scripture in an engaging manner
The Transition Pastor’s Experience must be in:
• Working with large and complex churches and/or church staff (3 or more ministry heads)
• Facilitating transition processes where the church board, staff, and congregation were actively involved in shaping the outcomes
• Team leadership approaches
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. (You can also send us a note with any questions you may have about the role.) In your application, please be sure to: • Tell us about your experience leading transitions • Provide 2 references • Provide a letter outlining what specifically attracts you to this posting
325 total views, 1 today