Full-time Western Canada Fundraiser
MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates) invites applications for a Senior Development Officer (SDO) to join our Strategic Engagement team. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
The Senior Development Officer reports to the Senior Director, Resource Development and is responsible to secure funds for MEDA by managing a group of assigned donors within a specified region, assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. They are also responsible for developing and implementing a cultivation and solicitation plan for individual major gift prospects. The successful SDO will have the satisfaction of helping donors fulfill their faith, purpose and passions through their donations to MEDA.
This is a full-time position, with extensive domestic travel requirements based out of Vancouver BC, the Fraser Valley, Winnipeg or vicinity, with regular regional travel throughout the Western Region and occasional international travel.
- Develop an annual plan for the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects within an assigned geographic area.
- Gather data, prioritize and rate each donor/prospect within the portfolio, creating individual targets for each person, based on their history of giving, financial capacity, interests, advisors, other causes and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential. Fully utilize any information provided from the Resource Development department and the donor management system.
- Create an annual work plan for each major donor that includes a timetable with dates for cultivation, involvement, solicitation actions (“moves”), event/trip attendance and gift acknowledgments. As appropriate, plan for the involvement of the President/CEO, other MEDA representatives and board members.
- Execute the action steps in the work plan on a timely basis with all donors. Solicit annual gifts from prospects as agreed upon with an annual giving plan.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Programs departments and ensure support work needed to complete the work plan, such as major gift proposals, is completed.
- Maintain a timetable, checklist and reporting system that show the current “move” for each donor, the last action and the projected next step.
- Record actions, moves and activities in the donor management system for future reference and strategy development. As required, create monthly reports that accurately reflect portfolio activity.
- Develop and help carry out appropriate recognition and stewardship strategies for major donors in the assigned portfolio.
- Collaborate and participate with the entire Strategic Engagement team to support the annual convention, regional meetings, chapter events and tours as part of donor cultivation.
- Perform other donor and prospect activities as required.
- Minimum five years demonstrated experience in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, achieving results with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and skills in business principles with emphasis on marketing/sales.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills in relationship building, active listening, communicating, negotiation and leadership.
- Skills to work with tools such as multi-media presentations, the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint, and donor management systems (Raiser’s Edge).
- Understanding of the Moves Management system for cultivating gifts and investment funds.
- Knowledge and understanding of MEDA’s constituency (Mennonite, Anabaptist and Christian business and professionals).
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, values and goals.
Supervisor: Senior Director, Resource Development
How to ApplyApply from our careers page www.meda.org/careers
189 total views, 2 today