Full-time Accounts Payable Clerk
As part of the expansion and reorganization of the CMU Finance Department, CMU is currently accepting applications for Accounts Payable Clerk.
Reporting to the Director of Finance this newly developed Accounts Payable Clerk takes primary responsibility for processing accounts, including reviewing payment requisitions for legitimacy and authorization, coding and recording expenditures, and initiating payments. This role is integral to ensuring the completeness and accuracy of accounting data created in the purchases cycle. The Accounts Payable Clerk also takes responsibility for the cashier function of the university and completes other clerical and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Process expenditures for payment by receiving invoices, verifying accuracy of invoices, ensuring appropriateness of expenditure authorization and coding, keying invoice data into the accounting system, submitting invoices for approval to pay, and initiating payments.
- Ensure that tax amounts are entered in compliance with regulation and policy
- Process and reconcile corporate credit card statements and petty cash reports
- Process certain internal cost allocations
- Initiate the expenditure requisition for certain recurring payments
- Maintain the daily foreign exchange rate
- Monitor the expenditure authorities listing
- Provide reporting of detailed expenditure listings to expenditure authorities, as requested
- Respond to expenditure-related questions from staff and faculty members
- Respond to vendor enquiries and follow up outstanding amounts and statement balances
- Receive in-person cash, cheque, and POS payments
- Open the mail in the presence of the A/R Clerk and verify the deposit listing
- Record payments and provide receipts
- Pick up cash sales deposits from various units of the university
- Prepare bank deposits
- Monitor petty cash floats and replenish or draw down as required
- Set up accounts receivable customers
- Receive and distribute mail
- Answer the phone and receive visitors to the Finance Department
- Monitor shared Finance department email
- Other duties as assigned
- A commitment to the Christian faith, the church, and the mission of CMU
- 3+ years of previous experience in a related position
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, enter, and correct accounting information
- Experience in gathering data, compiling accurate information, and preparing financial reports
- Excellent proficiency with accounting and spreadsheet software
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated capacity to maintain an efficient workflow
- Effective communication skills
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-594-0532 or email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled; applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Applicants should email a resume (PDF or Word document), a cover letter, and the names of three references, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2.
98 total views, 4 today