Full-time Administrative Assistant
What is ICYA?
Inner City Youth Alive (ICYA) provides a safe, active and nurturing environment for children and youth in Winnipeg, many of whom experience poverty, abuse and neglect. ICYA engages local kids by offering quality programs through which relationships grow. ICYA is a faith-based organization with the mission: to bring hope and a future through Christ to kids, youth and families in the North End.
We are an active team that values cooperation and teamwork, while building each other up in our skills and personal values. We are seeking a team player that is a welcoming presence to our participants, guests, staff and volunteers. More details on our organization and programs visit: www.icya.ca
Job: Administrative Assistant
Purpose of the position:
- To provide reception services to Inner City Youth Alive staff and programs, and to provide administrative assistance to administrative staff.
Time commitment: Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Provide welcoming reception services
- Greet incoming telephone callers and visitors in a professional and friendly manner and direct them to the appropriate departments
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and deliveries for distribution
- Maintain the automated answering system
- Monitor general ICYA voice mailbox and e-mail and forward to appropriate staff member
- Keep reception area tidy and inviting and make certain all lobby literature is current
- Maintain and order office supply inventory Provide Administrative support:
- Clerical support for staff as required
- Maintain phone, mailing lists and staff schedules
- Process outgoing mail, to include newsletter mail-outs and other promotional pieces
- Provide Accounting support; entering cheques and bills, and deposits
- Help to maintain donor databases (Salesforce & Quickbooks)
- This isn’t an exhaustive list. All staff members at ICYA are expected to be flexible and help out where needed. As a team we work together to help each other out.
Essential Skills: Good oral communication, great problem solver, works well with others in a healthy team environment, strong organizational skills, ability to make clear decisions and execute job task planning, and open to continuous learning.
Computer use: Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks, Salesforce, and G-Suite.
How to ApplyPlease send any questions and resumes to Jennifer Mason: email@example.com
97 total views, 2 today