Full-time Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean
Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean
Carey Theological College is located within the bustling academic setting of UBC’s scenic Vancouver campus. We are a small, innovative Christian college in the midst of an exciting time of growth. In addition to providing a Christian residence for UBC undergraduate students, we offer graduate theological education in Canada and around the world. Our primary mode of delivery is online.
We are searching for the right candidate to serve as the Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean. As the Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Post-secondary education
- Formal training for office administration and a minimum 3 years of experience in office administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; competency in Chinese language is an asset
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with others: a people-oriented person
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple issues and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to work independently and productively, taking direction when needed
- Ability to make clear and appropriate decisions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and the use of standard office equipment
- Supportive of the mission, vision, beliefs, and values of Carey
The Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean serves as the right-hand person to the Academic Dean by providing:
- high-level administrative and logistical support to the Dean, including both internal and external communications with faculty, staff, students and constituencies,
- HR, record and relational management of the Academic department,
- schedule coordination,
- support for academic programs, and
- the oversight of deliverables, action items, and deadlines for the Academic department.
We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated past experience in administrative excellence. You’re ready for this position because you are a quick learner and can solve problems with minimal guidance. With support from the Academic Dean and your colleagues, you’re able to understand the big picture and work the details and relationships to get the job done.
Of utmost importance is having a heart to serve with humility. You are not afraid to admit you don’t know something but are also resourceful enough to find the answer. You present yourself professionally and know how to work well with people from varied backgrounds. You are able to bring tasks to full completion and understand the importance of accuracy.
On top of your salary and vacation, a comprehensive benefits package after three months of employment includes:
- 6% matched contribution pension plan;
- extended dental and health benefits;
- life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance;
- on-campus parking discounts;
- meal discounts;
- tuition support for Carey courses; and
- professional development allowances.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide three letters of reference: professional, pastoral and general.
How to ApplyIf interested, please send a resume with salary expectations and one specific work example (1/2 page) describing project you completed related to academic administration (i.e. describe the goals of the project, the specific steps you took to complete it and what were the quantitative and qualitative results) to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also indicate your interest in working for a Christian theological college. Please place “Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean” in the subject line.
62 total views, 2 today