Full-time Admissions Counsellor
The Admissions Counsellor is a full-time position responsible for the recruitment of students to CMU’s undergraduate and Outtatown programs through personal contacts, presentations, and staffing booths at fairs and conventions. The role is one of finding students who are interested in CMU and will be able to engage in our academic programs, student life and spiritual climate so that both students and CMU as a whole are strengthened. This person will be part of the admission team and report to the Director of Enrolment Services.
Responsibilities of the Admissions Counsellor:
- As part of the admissions team, create and deliver recruitment strategies and initiatives; present information to potential students, church constituency groups, school groups and the general public—clearly, compellingly and comprehensively.
- Represent CMU with clarity and conviction at private and public schools, church and youth conventions/events; attend career/education fairs and other venues to promote student opportunities with conviction and passion.
- Occasionally organize and assist in leading student recruitment events (e.g. campus visit days, youth gatherings, etc.). Arrange and provide campus tours for groups and individuals as required.
- Connect promptly with prospective students and applicants through mailings, email, Facebook messenger, telephone, personal letters, texts, visits, and other follow-up activities, in accordance with the strategic plan, and maintain accurate documentation of these activities in the database.
- Process applications in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop relationships with and provide information about CMU to influencers—pastors, youth workers, guidance counselors, teachers, parents and others who have significant contact and influence with youth.
- Manage the recruiting relationship by connecting appropriate CMU faculty, staff, and students with those who inquire.
- Participate in department and university committees, chapels and events as required.
- A commitment to the church and the mission of CMU
- An undergraduate degree
- Excellent written communications skills
- Excellent relational skills with prospective students (especially the high school age group)
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in the use of computer software and database programs
- Willing to adapt to new tasks, develop new skills and sometimes work beyond the job description
- Available to respond to needs outside regular hours, on or off campus, on a regular basis. Four weeks of travel expected annually.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
The incumbent to this position will be passionate about the mission of CMU and able to communicate the CMU advantage in a way that motivates interest and support. In keeping with the public nature of this job, it is essential to give a professional and positive image through dress and behaviour.
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-594-0532. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should indicate if they would like to have their application also considered for an additional position with an August 15 start date. Applicants should email a resume (PDF or Word document) along with the names of three references, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
86 total views, 1 today