Full-time Advancement Officer
(20-month Maternity Leave Coverage)
Carey Theological College is located within the bustling academic setting of UBC’s scenic Vancouver campus. We are a small, innovative Christian college established since 1959 in the midst of an exciting time of growth. In addition to providing a Christian residence for UBC undergraduate students, we offer graduate theological education in Canada and around the world.
We are searching for the right candidate to cover a 20-month long maternity leave of the existing Advancement Officer starting June 1st, 2020 until January 30th, 2022.
As an Advancement Officer you will have the following skills to hit the ground running and become a key member of Carey’s team:
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Basic to intermediate financial/budgeting literacy
- Well-developed networking skills
- Written and oral communication
- Donor intelligence research
- Relationship management
- Systems thinking
With these skills, we’ll be looking to you to:
- Plan and lead fundraising campaigns and events
- Ensure follow-through on donor intent
- Monitor and report on the department’s metrics
- Provide donor care
- Oversee our donor management system
- Coordinate and provide administrative support to fundraising committees
- Network with the community and constituencies to advance their support
- Develop and coordinate an organization-wide volunteer base
We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated past experience in donor development. If you can show us how you solved problems in the past with finesse in the midst of ambiguity, then we want to hear from you. You’re ready for this position because you are a quick learner and can bring things to fruition with little guidance. You’re able to understand the big picture and work the details and relationships to get the job done.
Of utmost importance is having a heart to serve with humility. You are not afraid to admit you don’t know something but are also resourceful enough to find the answer. You present yourself professionally and know how to work well with people from varied backgrounds. We are in the midst of change and therefore you are able to navigate change calmly and with a sense of humour. You are able to bring tasks to full completion and understand the importance of accuracy.
Fluency in written and spoken English in a professional setting is a requirement. An ability to speak, read and write Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset since some of our programs are geared towards the Chinese Christian community.
On top of your salary and vacation, a comprehensive benefits package after three months of employment includes:
- 6% matched contribution pension plan;
- extended dental and health benefits;
- life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance;
- on-campus parking discounts;
- meal discounts;
- tuition support for Carey courses; and
- professional development allowances.
We thank you in advance for your interest in these positions. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to ApplyIf interested, please send a resume with salary expectations and one specific work example (1/2 page) describing an advancement project you completed (i.e. describe the goals of the project, the specific steps you took to complete it and what were the quantitative and qualitative results) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also indicate your interest in working for a Christian theological college. Please place “Advancement Officer” in the subject line.
92 total views, 12 today