Temporary Children’s Ministry Summer Intern
Children’s Ministry Summer Intern 2019
Culloden Church – 6060 Culloden St. Vancouver, B.C. www.cullodenchurch.com
General Statement of Responsibility:
The Children’s Ministry Summer Intern is responsible for developing, organizing and serving in a variety of summer programs for kids including, but not limited to; summer Sunday school (July & August), and running a kids club in July & August as well as liaising with other neighborhood programs and community groups. The role will facilitate further relational connection & spiritual growth to the kids currently attending Culloden & those in the community.
Note: Funding is approved through Canada Summer Jobs Program
– a committed follower of Jesus
– anyone between the age of 18 – 30
– can agree to the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith (https://www.mennonitebrethren.ca/mb-beliefs/)
– previous church experience in leading and equipping volunteers for a children’s ministry & summer kids club & the familiarity with resources needed to execute such a program
– passionate, caring, and risk-oriented to see children from the community and the church engage with a fun and gospel centered ministry
– pass a criminal record check to be able to work with children
– must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (based on criteria from Canada Summer Jobs Program)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Lead Pastor
Terms of Employment:
– 35 hours/week for 10-11 weeks at $16.65/hour
– starting date (approx. mid-June to end of August)
– full time
– Sunday: 8:30am – 12pm
– Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9 am – 5 pm with ½ hour for lunch (31 hours); Actual hours week by week will be determined as certain events may be periodic in the evening (ie. attend youth events)
– There will be extra hours during summer kids club time. Flexibility will be needed.
Key Responsibilities & Activities each week:
- Mentored & Trained
- Meet with the Lead Pastor to share, plan for the week, to pray, and follow up on any questions
- Participate in a book study to foster spiritual growth & practical training and be stretched to use the gifts God has given you, as well as find more boldness and care for the church and community.
- Coordinating a weekly Summer Kids Club
- Work with the Lead Pastor and other children’s ministry leaders to develop a core ministry team of volunteers from Culloden to run a weekly summer kids club based out of the church building.
- The successful running of this weekly day kids club will include finding a theme, curriculum, food, volunteers & advertising.
- Summer Sunday School
- As the Sunday School Leader, you are responsible to organize & implement a summer Sunday School program for 10-15 kids ages 4-9 years old.
- Responsibilities will include: prepare for the program during the week (activities and crafts); recruit volunteers to assist & communicate so they are prepared for Sunday.
- Serving in the Sunday service (ie. music team, kids ministry, greeting, etc)
How to ApplySend Cover Letter and Resume with 3 references to: email@example.com Application Deadline May 28, 2019
40 total views, 1 today