Full-time City Prison Ministry Leader – Calgary
Title: City Prison Ministry Leader
Ministry: Connecting Streams
Location: Any Location
Reports to: National Prison Ministry Leader (or National Training and Leadership Development Manager when needed)
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Connecting Streams equips and mobilizes the Church to help society’s vulnerable populations know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Through partnerships and teams, we build trusting relationships that foster faith and hope.
The City Prison Ministry Leader will develop, support, and resource Prison ministry team leaders who together with them will equip and mobilize believers to reach out intentionally to those who are incarcerated and transitioning from incarceration. The City Prison Ministry Leader will develop and maintain strong relationships with local ministry organizations.
City Team Member
- Fully engage on the staff team in strategic planning and decision making for the city
- Work with the National Prison Ministry Leader to develop and implement a strategic plan and achieve objectives
- Attend all local CS Training, Celebration and meeting events specific to the ministry
Volunteer Leadership and Development
- Coach and build into Prison ministry team leaders so that every team leader is growing personally and developing a succession plan/birthing plan to multiply and/or developing others on their team
- Help equip and train teams to effectively share the gospel in the Prison ministry
- Intentionally pray for your team regularly
Develop and Promote
- To promote Prison ministry and recruit new volunteers to join and/or start teams
- Act as a liaison and represent Connecting Streams with volunteers, organizations, agencies, and events
- Brainstorm with National Prison Ministry Leader to develop new ministry opportunities
- Share vision to help churches/individuals/organizations engage in Prison ministry
- Initiate and cultivate connections and partnerships
- Speak at and teach workshops on mobilizing people for Prison ministry when necessary
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use Google Suite or equivalent
- Administrative skills, personally organized, good steward of time
- Self-motivated, team builder, able to work independently
- A genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- Skill in leading people spiritually regardless of spiritual context
- Ability to relate well with Churches and other Christian Organizations
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years ministry/work related experience
This position requires Ministry Partner Development where the successful candidate will be required to build a team which provides financial and prayer support for salary and ministry expenses including benefits coverage.
Where the candidate is able to be financially independent, they may volunteer for this position with the expectation that they will serve as affiliate or associate staff (minimum 10 hours).
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Please visit our website to view ongoing job opportunities at https://p2c.com/opportunities/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
How to ApplyApply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
83 total views, 2 today