This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
23 Jan 2019
Part-time Community Life Pastor
The Community Life Pastor is responsible to help adults know and follow Jesus by ensuring that they are invited in, connected, and cared for. To this end, specific areas of responsibility include evangelism & integration, small group ministry, and congregational care. The Community Life Pastor oversees these areas with help from the Pastoral Team and Congregational Care Chair & Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and assist the Lead Pastor in team building amongst South Langley Church Staff.
- Contribute to various ministries, boards and groups as required.
- Give information for preparation of the annual budget & work within the budget.
- Approve expenses for various ministries as necessary.
- Pursue professional development regularly.
- Attend Church Council meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in Sunday services as appropriate, including preaching when required.
- Assist and support day to day operations within the office.
Evangelism & Integration
- Work with Evangelism Chair to see South Langley Church fulfil its mission of helping people know and follow Jesus within the local community.
- Help groups and individuals within South Langley Church serve our larger community in the name of Christ through word and action.
- Welcome newcomers to the SLC community, helping them know and follow Jesus.
- Create and maintain systems for effective small-group ministry, including:
- Communication between church and small groups,
- Coordination of curriculum resources,
- Care Group Leader development, evaluation, and feedback,
- Multiplication of leaders and groups,
- Facilitate ongoing congregational care through Care Group
- Oversee and participate in Congregational Care, including primary responsibility for:
- Acute/Crisis Care & Visitation
- Work with Pastoral Team and Congregational Care Team to care for people at critical moments in their lives (birth, death, crisis),
- Use Care Groups as an integral part of effective care-giving,
- Provide support for those who are in crisis.
- Follow-Up/Ongoing Care & Visitation
- Track key Congregational Care cases.
- Perform visitations.
- Coordinate visitations together with Congregational Care Team.
- Lead and provide oversight for weddings, funerals and memorial services as requested.
Care Group Leaders, Congregational Care Ministries, Volunteers
JOB STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: BA; whole or partial Masters Degree preferred.
Experience: 3+ years direct experience in church ministry
Skills: Proficient with office technology tools, budget management, leadership, staff selection and supervision, planning and organizing.
Abilities: Interpersonal skills, leadership ability, strengths in care ministries, discipling, counseling, and outreach.
Personal: Be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ and demonstrate Christ-like character, a personal example of godliness that illustrates an understanding of biblical disciple-making and commitment to the Scriptures. Warm-hearted, committed, dedicated and mature evangelical Christian, impeccable character and reputation.
How to ApplySend resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
177 total views, 1 today