Reporting to the Vice President Administration & Finance, the Controller leads the Finance Department and takes primary responsibility for the University’s financial operations. The Controller provides leadership and supervision to the Finance Department and fosters a culture of collaboration and service within the department and the University. The Controller oversees the University’s financial, internal, and regulatory reporting, and ensures the effectiveness of financial systems and controls. The Controller ensures regulatory and tax compliance and oversees all audits. The Controller administers the annual budget process and ensures internal compliance with financial policies.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Finance Department and ensure the effectiveness of all major functions: financial accounting, student billing and collection, payables and receivables, and payroll accounting.
- Provide mentorship, training, and support to members of the Finance team.
Reporting and controls
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with Canadian Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations.
- Prepare all other internal and external reporting (Board of Governors, internal governance bodies, internal departments, CRA, Statistics Canada, banks, program partners).
- Ensure the proper functioning of internal controls over reporting and compliance (including information systems) and recommend revisions to internal controls as needed.
Budget administration and monitoring
- Administer the University’s annual budget process.
- Provide analysis and explanations for actual results compared to budget.
- Provide budget reporting and support to internal departments and administrative units.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and recommend revisions to policy as needed.
Treasury and other administration
- Manage the University’s cash, foreign exchange contracts, credit cards, and payment services.
- Manage the University’s relationships with banking and lending institutions.
- Administer the University’s long-term leases and related accounting.
- Administer the University’s property and liability insurance.
- A commitment to the Christian faith, the church and the mission of CMU.
- CPA designation and five years of related work experience in accounting, financial, and audit operations, including supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational capacity and a proven ability to delegate appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize and manage diverse priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting standards and ability to recommend appropriate policy choices.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated service-oriented perspective.
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204.594-0532. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2019 or until this position is filled; applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Applicants should email a resume (PDF or Word document), a cover letter, and the names of three references, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd., Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2.
51 total views, 3 today