The Controller is accountable to the Director of Financial Services and is responsible for administering the
flow and reporting of funds in the Financial Services Department. The Controller is primarily responsible
for producing the monthly and year end consolidated financial statements. The Controller will also need to
be flexible and willing to assist with various other departmental tasks – including assisting the Finance
Director with certain projects if the need arises.
To apply: Please upload one document with your cover letter and resume at www.mcccanada.ca
Only those candidates eligible to work in Canada should apply.
• CPA designation or in the final stage of completing certification
• Experience with computer-based accounting systems, especially Dynamics GP
• Knowledge of non-profit accounting and government reporting requirements
• Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of other Microsoft Office modules
• Experience with Management Reporter for Dynamics GP would be an asset
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of personal income taxation and related issues (e.g. residency)
• Willingness to travel occasionally
• Successful police record check clearance
• To participate as needed in the regular daily and monthly tasks of the department.
• To prepare all monthly and quarterly financial statements.
• To be responsible for year-end accounting and report preparation. The Controller will work closely
with the auditors and is responsible for the preparation of the year-end audit working papers.
• To prepare interim or ad hoc financial reports for the board, or Canadian Senior Staff as directed by
the Director of Finance.
• To be responsible for all financial reporting to Global Affairs Canada (GAC) including the preparation
of quarterly and annual financial reports and to ensure that financial information is in accordance with
• To be responsible for the annual budgeting process.
• To maintain and develop reports in Financial Reporter for Dynamics GP for on-going monitoring of
financial performance of MCCC and more broadly of the Canadian MCC offices.
• Be a resource to the staff of the provincial and regional MCC offices in matters of non-profit
accounting and government reporting requirements.
• To be aware of, and responsive to, any changes or potential changes in the regulatory environment
that the MCC offices in Canada work under.
• To deal with all areas of personal income taxation as they relate to Canadian MCC staff.
• To facilitate the purchase of U.S. dollars (for transfer to MCC U.S.) according to the guidelines set out
in the MCCC Investment Policy.
• To be available for other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance.
How to Applyhttps://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/controller-mcc-canada
353 total views, 2 today