Part-time Counsellor: Wellness Centre & Outreach Services
Position Summary: The Counsellor provides counselling to 10 individuals. She reports to and works closely with the Director, providing insight and collaboration to the integrated Christian counselling/discipleship programs and Outreach services. Along with counselling, group work and teaching/training is a key part of this position.
- A Master’s Degree in the field of Counselling, or a related Social Science discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Counselling or Clinical Social Work is preferred.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required.
- Current First Aid/ CPR (Emergency level 1)
Personal Qualifications: This particular role requires a person with strong interpersonal/ active listening skills, ability to teach, strong in discernment, empathy and compassion, biblically well versed. She must be able to provide guidance, wisdom, and challenge her clients.
Competency: Reporting suspected abuse or neglect procedures; thorough knowledge of program curriculum, policy and procedures.
- Manage a caseload of up to 10 women. Prepare for and deliver counselling sessions with assigned clients each week.
- Effectively implement the Choices that Bring Change Counselling Curriculum; provide sound biblically based teaching to her clients. She will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit, allowing the Spirit to lead in counselling sessions.
- Challenge clients when needed.
- Assign and review assignments weekly with her clients.
- Facilitate Group counselling; prepare, implement, review
- Facilitate a bi weekly counsellor’s consultation meeting; send an invite to the Director and counsellors;
- Complete counselling notes in a timely manner.
- Complete ISP’s within a client’s first month.
- Complete all intake applications/documentation for individual clients.
- Engage in correspondence with clients regarding appointments
- Provide referrals to clients where needed
Key Outreach duties:
- Educate/Empower/Equip individuals in the community, church leaders, lay professionals caring for people; prepare, teach, review
Keys to Freedom:
- Teach/ Facilitate groups as needed
Other duties may be required when deemed necessary by your supervisor.
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and short testimony.
165 total views, 3 today