Reporting to the Physical Plant Manager the Custodian will be responsible to keep assigned spaces and/or buildings in a clean and tidy condition at all times. The successful candidate will be familiar with basic caretaking techniques and equipment, and exhibit a personality which contributes to the friendly and engaging image which the institution wishes to project to all students, visitors, faculty, and staff.
Salaried with benefits, start date as soon as possible.
.6 FTE, Monday to Wednesday 7.5 hours per day, or
.72 FTE, Monday to Wednesday 7.5 hours per day and Thursday, Friday 3 hours per day
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to initiate improvements to caretaking procedures in consultation with supervisor
- Able to work under minimal supervision and complete assigned tasks with competence
- Able to carry out required tasks using standard equipment, ability to learn basic new skills and the use of more advanced equipment
- Able to set priorities for their own work and make independent decisions on matters defined by the supervisor
- Willing and able to routinely perform assigned tasks on an ongoing basis and to assist other staff as needed
- Able to verbally communicate and relate well with internal staff and students, and project a positive image of the institution at all times
- Vacuuming of Floors in designated areas
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Washing floors
- Setting up rooms
- Taking out garbage
- Washing windows
- Wiping tables and desks
- Clearing entranceways of snow
- Recycling (taking out cardboard)
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties as assigned
- Capable of fairy intense physical activity, including heavy and repetitive lifting, bending, stretching, etc.
- Capable of working in hot and cold environments
- Capable of understanding and working with normal cleaning chemicals
- A commitment to the Christian faith and the mission of CMU
- High school education and related experience desirable but not essential
- Willingness to energetically contribute to the caretaking requirements of an educational institution such as CMU
- Ability to verbally communicate with colleagues and supervisors will be essential
- An ability to receive directions and instructions electronically will be highly desirable
- Will be available for work during regular office hours that at times might include shift work and weekends
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204.594.0532. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should email a resume (PDF or Word document) along with the names of three references, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2.
35 total views, 5 today