Full-time Database and Reporting Analyst
Reporting to the Director of Development the Database and Reporting Analyst, contributes directly to multiple relationships on which CMU depends including with donors, alumni and friends, as well as churches and other organizations. This individual is responsible to envision and manage best data practices to support the fundraising activities and external engagement capacity of the university. This person will work with Department staff to implement strategies for deepening donor relationships.
Manage and Analyse Data – 80%
- Maintain and optimize a comprehensive data management system in Raiser’s Edge to support financial reports, donor data management and fundraising initiatives
- Maintain, review, and develop consistently applied policy standards and procedural controls to ensure and sustain the integrity of an excellent data base system
- Safeguard the quality and confidentiality of donor information and interactions to maintain the highest level of accuracy and industry-best standards
- Give oversight to donation gift entry process: review and sign off on all gift entry batches
- Work closely with Finance Department to adhere to accounting standards; reconcile all gifts with Finance Department on a monthly basis
- Prepare regular (biweekly or monthly) gift reports for departmental meetings, tracking year-to-date results, gift types and donor relationships
- Manage accurate lists and segmentation for direct mail and email appeals for The Blazer magazine, communication with churches, monthly e-newsletter Through This Place, etc.
- Prepare annual summary documents that support departmental analysis and interpretation of data for strategic planning and communication
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Coordinator, President’s Office, and Vice President External to analyse institutional data, generate ideas and prepare reporting that supports internal strategic decision making and external engagement for greatest impact
- Adjust to other related duties as required
Support Donor and Constituency Engagement Initiatives – 20%
- Encourage and help implement donor acknowledgement strategies to retain current donors and re-engage with lapsed donors
- In coordination with the Donor and Alumni Relations Coordinator, hire, train and support student workers who update records, contact alumni and thank donors
- Train and support specialized volunteers who work with data reconciliation, alumni survey, etc.
- Work with the Vice President External to coordinate content for weekly announcements sent to churches
- Participate in the implementation of public institutional engagement events
- Commitment to the values and mission of CMU
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to details; ability to organize work, determine priorities and follow through on responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database. Familiarity with Financial Edge an asset
- Knowledge of and ability to work with accounting principles
- Excellent computer skills including proven experience using Excel and Word
- Strong inter-personal skills to build trust with a diverse range of individuals and groups within CMU and support constituencies; contribute positively to team dynamics
- Good written and oral skills
- Committed to the Association of Fundraising Professional Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
- Related post-secondary degree or diploma is required
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204.594-0532. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled; applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Applicants should email a resume (PDF or Word document), a cover letter, and the names of three references, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2.
60 total views, 6 today