Part-time Director, Barnabas Refugee Ministry
Do you long to see ethnic diversity in the local church?
Join a staff team of ministry leaders who empower the congregation in many creative expressions of Christ’s mission in our neighbourhoods, city and world.
WMB Church is a Christian community that is passionate about making a difference in Kitchener-Waterloo and beyond. We are a multi-ethnic, economically diverse, multi-site church with close to 1000 people engaging in services and programs each week. WMB’s mission is to make more and better disciples, calling people to a deeper relationship with Jesus. We delight in seeing people of all ages surrender their lives to Jesus and share their stories during our monthly baptism celebrations.
The ideal Director, Barnabas Refugee Ministry:
We are looking for an emotionally mature, ministry-minded leader who has the passion and stamina to walk alongside and support refugee claimants to Canada in their long journey toward permanent resident status. You will be part of the Barnabas Missions team, working collaboratively with the other leaders on this team, under the direction of, and reporting directly to the Director, Missional Engagement. The successful candidate will be a highly organized and relational leader who thrives on building and supporting a team of leaders and volunteers. You will have a strong desire to see people experience wholeness and community despite difficult circumstances, have the ability to navigate language barriers, be creative in developing and streamlining systems and processes, and have a proven ability to recruit and train lay leaders and volunteers.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Oversee WMB’s Barnabas Refugee Ministry including all aspects of practical refugee supports and administrative processes to support the ministry.
Recruit, equip, minister to, and provide training for Refugee Ministry leaders so that they may provide discipleship, community building, and networking among Refugee Ministry volunteers. Ensure that leaders are prepared to facilitate the healthy integration and discipleship of refugees who connect into the WMB Church community.
Maintain healthy relationship with local KW refugee ministries, looking for ways to work together, mutually supporting one another and those connected with our programs.
Develop and manage a team of lay leaders who will provide interpretation for non-English speakers during our main Sunday services.
Using WMB’s policies and procedures, maintain a Refugee Ministry that is safe and welcoming for all those involved. Ensure alignment of policies with current Government guidelines.
- Strong English communicator in both oral and written form – able to write formal communications, assist with reading and filling in government documentation, able to navigate language barriers in writing and conversation.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and stay on top of communications and tasks in order to support your team and ministry participants. Able to make decisions in stressful situations.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people, negotiating relationships professionally and respectfully while holding people accountable to the guidelines of the church and denomination and government requirements
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology for communication and presentation
- Proficient in Google suite, Microsoft Office suite and related products
- Must have a deep, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ, affirm the Confession of Faith of the Canadian MB Conference and be willing to become a covenant Member of WMB Church
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Preference given to those with intercultural training.
- Proven track record of effective leadership, judgement and decision making
- Display strong moral character, honesty, humility and integrity
- Qualified to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Kitchener-Waterloo if needed
- Starting salary $20,000 (0.5 FTE) based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits plan including RSP, extended health and dental
- Opportunity to apply to the CRA for Clergy Residence Deduction.
Desired start date is late-February, 2021. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and resume Attention: Human Resources WMB Church 245 Lexington Rd. Waterloo, ON N2K 2E1 Email: email@example.com
208 total views, 1 today