Full-time Director, Finance & Operations
Do you want to move from success to significance and make a lasting impact? Join a staff team of ministry leaders who empower the congregation in many creative expressions of Christ’s mission in our neighbourhoods, city and world.
WMB Church is a Christian community that is passionate about making a difference in KW and beyond. We are a multi-ethnic, economically diverse, multi-site church with close to 1000 people in attendance at two sites, over three Sunday services. WMB’s mission is to make more and better disciples, calling people to a deeper relationship with Jesus. We delight in seeing people surrender their lives to Jesus and share their stories during our monthly baptism celebrations.
The ideal Director, Finance & Operations:
We are looking for a professional ministry minded leader who is looking to use their skills and gifts to support and improve the day to day operations of WMB Church. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader who thrives in a collaborative culture and is able to balance competing priorities with a servant-heart approach to leadership and supervision. As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will work with five other senior leaders, under the direction of, and reporting directly to the Lead Pastor, to provide organization-wide direction to the staff team and congregation. The successful candidate will possess a strong financial acumen, proven HR experience, an ability to manage the operational side of the organization with a team-oriented management approach and a proven ability to execute within an established strategic direction.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Lead and manage all financial aspects of the organization, from day to day operations to longer term strategic systems and planning. This position will supervise and work with the bookkeeper, work alongside the Leadership Board Finance Committee as they fulfill their governance mandate, and provide financial communication and support to the staff and congregation.
With a broad view of the organization and an understanding of ministry culture, this position will develop and oversee high-level organization-wide procedures, policies, systems, and guidelines that will support and improve the organization. This position will supervise the Office Administrator in her mandate to provide administrative support to the organization.
Oversee all aspects of human resources, supervising and working closely with the Director, Hospitality & Staff Culture. This position will ensure all HR systems and procedures are maintained and implemented to provide a consistent, equitable and compliant environment for all staff and that the congregation is informed of all staffing news.
Oversee and work with a team of people to ensure that the daily use, maintenance and future development of all WMB facilities supports ministry objectives. This position will supervise the custodial team, facility contractor and I.T contractor in their mandates to provide clean, welcoming and safe places for our staff, congregation and community to gather.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting, ideally in a not-for-profit environment where the use of budgeting and fund accounting are relevant
- Working knowledge of standard HR processes including recruitment, performance management, payroll and benefits, administration, and employee relations; familiarity with provincial and federal HR legislation and guidelines as applicable
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, under strict competing timelines, while being highly detailed and organized
- Proven solution-oriented problem solver, adaptable in stressful situations with tight timelines
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form – able to express ideas well, explain concepts and inspire others to join and follow you
- Able to work with a diverse group of people, negotiating relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates professionally and respectfully while holding people accountable to the policies of the church and denomination and government requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and QuickBooks
- Must have a deep, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ, support the Confession of Faith of the Canadian MB Conference and be willing to become a covenant Member of WMB Church
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field is required, with preference given to those with additional education and a relevant professional designation (e.g. CPA)
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a senior leader, with financial responsibility and direct reports
- Proven track record of effective leadership, judgement and decision making
- Display strong moral character, honesty, humility and integrity
- Qualified to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Waterloo if needed
- Starting salary $70,000+ based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits plan including RRSP, extended health and dental
- Opportunity to apply to the CRA for Clergy Residence Deduction.
Desired start date is early 2020. Review of applications will commence January 6, 2020. Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and resume Attention: Human Resources WMB Church 245 Lexington Rd. Waterloo, ON N2K 2E1 Email: email@example.com
120 total views, 2 today