Part-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Springfield Heights Mennonite Church is looking for a Director of Children and Youth Ministries. This position is .05 FTE (20 hours a week) student position for a 1-year term starting at the beginning of September 2021.
We are a multigenerational church with an average attendance of 200 people. Our children and youth ministries are on the smaller side, but we are passionate about providing deep and loving discipleship to the younger generations in our congregation.
You are the ideal candidate if:
- You are passionate about working with Children and Junior and Senior High Youth
- Are outgoing, creative, and are a fast learner
- Take initiative and need minimal supervision
- Are a strong motivator that is able to lead volunteer teams.
- Bring some experience working with Children and Youth either as a volunteer or in a paid position
- Are studying or have studied in the area of Faith Development, Theology or Bible Studies
- Have flexible hours (evenings and weekends).
We will provide you with a caring and supportive environment. We want to provide excellent opportunities for you to grow through mentorship and ministry development. There is potential to be involved and grow in other areas of gifting as time and opportunities allow.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis and include extended health benefits as well as flexible working hours.
- Reports to the Pastor of Discipleship.
- This is 0.5 FTE position (20 hours a week) including evening and weekend hours. The
- Candidate will become familiar with the SAFE CHURCH AND CHURCH PROGRAMM POLICY and will be subject to a Police Record check and an Abuse Registry Check.
- This is a 1-year term position as the Church is transitioning to new senior leadership. There will be a conversation about whether to extend this position or not in the Spring of 2022.
- For a full job description, go to springfieldheights.ca/jobs
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The initial application deadline is June 27, 2021 but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
How to ApplySend your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
187 total views, 2 today