Contract Director of Communications (one-year mat leave contract)
WMB Church is a Christian covenant community with sites in Kitchener and Waterloo, Ontario, that is passionate about the creative expression of Christ’s mission in our neighbourhoods, city and world. We are called by God through Jesus Christ to make more and better disciples of all people by calling them to join us in responding to God’s love through repentance, baptism and love for God and neighbour.
The Director of Communications is responsible for ensuring that communications of WMB Church are creatively developed, consistently branded, thoughtfully integrated and efficiently fulfilled in a manner that reflects the church’s mission, vision and strategic priorities.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Strategically leverage print and digital communication channels to effectively inform WMB’s multi-site congregation of opportunities to connect, serve, learn and worship.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff/volunteers/contract labour/vendors to develop and implement promotional strategies to advertise church-wide events.
- Oversee and maintain the WMB website (Squarespace).
- Utilize WMB’s social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram) to disciple and build community among our congregation and strengthen the WMB brand in the broader community.
- Partner with the Preaching Planning Team to lead the creative and production process of all print and web materials related to each message series.
- Review all communications through the lens of WMB’s brand standards.
- Determine criteria for measuring the effectiveness of communications (e.g. website analytics) and use tracked data to recommend stewardship decisions to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit copy for marketing, with keen proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Graphic design experience, with working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of or ability to learn web-based platforms used for communications: Squarespace, Subsplash and MailChimp
- Photography skills are an asset
- Must have a growing, personal faith in Jesus Christ and support the Confession of Faith of the Canadian Conference of MB Churches
- Must display strong moral character, honesty, humility and integrity
- Organized and flexible: has the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects and priorities
- Strategic: sees the big picture and designs systems that make all the pieces fit together
- Analytical and decisive: can evaluate the impact of a project, then prioritize and allocate resources to it accordingly
- Good eye: has an inherent sense of what artistically works when directing or producing graphic and web design and maintains an awareness of cultural trends
- Experience in integrated marketing communications, with preference given to post-secondary education in a relevant field such as marketing, communications or business
- Prior work or leadership experience in a church or non-profit organization is an asset
See the full job posting here.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are invited to send a resume and one-page summary of interest by July 12, 2019, to: Reg Snyder Director, Operations & Finance, WMB Church 245 Lexington Road, Waterloo, ON N2K 2E1 Email: email@example.com | Phone: 519.885.5330 x225
205 total views, 2 today