Full-time Director of Finance and Administration
About MCC BC
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is a Christian faith-based agency that provides relief, development and peacebuilding initiatives in over 50 countries. MCC BC carries out local programs that address poverty here in BC and also supports the international work of MCC by generating funds, recruiting personnel, and mobilizing material aid. MCC BC is located in Abbotsford, BC and has an operating budget of $13 million with approximately 100 staff and over 3,000 volunteers who serve in thrift shops, relief sales, material aid activities and local program. MCC BC also has 5 subsidiaries enterprises that operate local programs and hold donated legacy investments.
This full-time position will offer financial expertise to all aspects of the operations of MCC BC and its subsidiaries, and will manage the various administrative functions of the organization. The position directs the financial operations including the handling and reporting of income and expenditures in accordance with proper authorizations and procedures, keeps management and board members informed of the financial status of MCC BC and the MCC’s in Canada, including the interpretation of trends and information, as required. This position leads a team of 6 staff and reports directly to the Executive Director.
For full job description visit: https://mcccurrentopenings.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN1642
- All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; and nonviolent
- Professional Accounting Association designation
- Post-secondary education in a related
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership position relating to financial
- An understanding and affirmation of the mission, beliefs and values of MCC is
- An understanding and deep appreciation of the MCC constituency
- Strong skills in accounting software and financial statement report
- Ability to communicate financial information and analysis to a diverse audience, including management, board and the
- Knowledge and experience of both for-profit and not-for-profit accounting principles and regulations is strongly desired, including accounting, tax planning and corporate governance in the for-profit sector and CRA requirements for charitable activity.
- Experience related to managing buildings, leases, insurance, office equipment and IT contractors.
- Ability to coordinate finance and administrative needs in a multi-faceted
- Experience and leadership skills relating to staff supervision, leadership team collaboration, board and stakeholder
- Experience with policy development on a range of financial and administrative
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamic and Donor Perfect Online, or the ability to readily learn these and other software applications.
- General experience supervising the management of IT systems
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and 2010 – Excel, Outlook, Word
- Membership-attendance in a constituent church is strongly desired
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Ability to work occasional long days, evenings and weekends will be required.
How to ApplyHow To Apply Please submit your resume & cover letter on our website: here. Please do ensure you select Director of Finance and Administration once you have registered. For more information, contact Sophie Tiessen-Eigbike, MCC BC HR Manager @ email@example.com or 604-851-7729.
179 total views, 1 today