Part-time Director of Ministries: Youth and Worship
The Director of Ministries: Youth & Worship provides overall leadership and care to the Youth and Worship Ministries of Coast Hills Community Church. This role is supported within the framework of the youth and worship volunteers and the staff teams.
- Lead, support, and equip the Youth Ministry Lead team which:
- Nurtures youth in their journey with Jesus Christ.
- Supports youth in developing a biblical worldview, with Jesus at the center, that impacts their daily living.
- Provide administrative oversight to the scheduling and execution of youth events. (Not required to attend every event).
- Give leadership in growing the Coast Hills Jr. Youth. One area includes equipping and scheduling volunteers to lead in areas like the grade 6-8 Sunday morning class.
- Regularly highlight Youth Ministry updates during the Sunday service.
- Be an advocate for the needs of youth, their families and youth leaders within the vision and mission of Coast Hills. Work with the staff team to ensure that youth, their families and the leaders are well cared for.
- Recruit and provide training for youth leaders. Facilitate external training for youth leaders as appropriate; for example, critical incident training.
- Work with other ministry areas to create opportunities for youth to be involved in service and the life of the congregation. For example, partner with the Children’s Ministry Director/Pastor to facilitate youth serving alongside of Kids Life.
- Work with the Kids Camp Coordinator to help give overall leadership and vision to Coast Hills’ summer KidsCamp LIT (Leaders In Training) program.
- Work with the Youth Ministry Lead team to plan and execute Youth week and youth retreats.
Worship (music, tech support, and media)
- Lead, support, and equip the Worship Ministry Lead team which:
- Nurtures a vibrant Worship Arts culture.
- Identify, equip, and mentor volunteers; providing space for others to serve, learn, and grow in their gifting.
- Maintain and update the Coast Hills Intentional Song List
- Coordinate the Preaching Team’s sermon vision and schedule with worship leaders; working together with the Lead Pastor to develop a common Sunday morning liturgy.
- Liaise between the worship teams, tech support and media teams for execution of the Sunday Morning Gathering.
- Administrate and provide support for worship ministry teams through the use of Planning Center etc, in areas such as initial song selection, liturgy, and scheduling.
- Lead worship for Sunday Morning Gathering approximately one time per month.
- Work together with the staff team to provide seamless integration of Sunday Morning Gathering elements, including worship arts, preaching team, announcements and hosting, set-up and take-down, greeters and hospitality.
- Work together with the staff team to give vision and leadership to the yearly CHCC calendar
- To attend key Coast Hills events (e.g., staff meetings, weekend gatherings, special events, AGM).
- An ability to work together with both paid and volunteer staff with a focus on equipping volunteers.
- An ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Capacity to manage time well and to accurately prioritize and execute multiple competing tasks.
- A commitment to the statement of faith of the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
- A commitment to the community of Coast Hills and its core values and mission.
- Strong musicianship in at least one instrument and ability to lead musical worship vocally.
- 2 years of related experience in either a volunteer or paid capacity is preferred.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or higher is preferred.
How to ApplyPlease submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Download PDF of job description click here.
123 total views, 1 today