Full-time Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for the financial viability and operational capacity of GMBC. They will provide leadership and direction of church support operations staffing to support the accomplishment of the church’s mission.
The Teaching Pastor, Ministry Pastor and Director of Operations will comprise an Executive Team to ensure collaboration and the coordination of successful implementation of activities under the auspices of GMBC. Within that Team, the Teaching Pastor will lead the preparation and communication of vision and strategy, ministry priorities, creation of an environment/culture of leadership development, mentoring and discipleship. The Ministry Pastor will lead the design and establishment of ministries and programs to achieve the vision and create the culture. The Director of Operations will participate with the Teaching Pastor and Ministry Pastor to ensure the resources, systems and facilities are in place to facilitate the ministries and activities.
General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, however as a key leader of GMBC, the Director of Operations may be called upon to work varying hours periodically to meet the requirements of the position, including Sunday mornings.
- Responsible for the financial oversight of GMBC
- Collaborate with the executive team and GMBC leadership to support vision/mission/strategy (both long and short term) for the church and related ministries.
- Act as liaison for all operational activities including interaction with external agencies and with the Church and other GMBC ministry Boards
- Direct and oversee the preparation of the annual and long-term budgets and business plans for GMBC
- Implement annual budgets and monitor departmental and entity wide revenues and expenses to budget
- Prepare and present year-end financial and ministry support reports to the Members
- Ensure proper insurance is in place
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and legal requirements
- Participate in and prepare budget for each Ministry Area
- Provide additional reports as requested by Board of Trustees.
- Represent the Executive Team on operational matters to the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare an annual ministry support plan to facilitate church ministry as planned to achieve the approved vision/mission/strategy
- Protect all data, computer systems, software, and applications
- Provide oversight of all communications whether by physical or electronic means.
- Maintain the Human Resources Manual and ensure it is current
- Provide Human Resources services to Ministry areas to assist in hiring and terminating staff.
- Develop and maintain a procedures manual for all functional areas
- In collaboration with the Executive team, determine staffing needs for the organization; being thoughtful of the budget and future growth/changes
- Provide/manage/ensure proper maintenance of interior and exterior of all buildings, while coordinating with Linden Christian School and Lindenholm Ministries Inc. with regards to common and shared spaces
- Ensure the development of infrastructure for all ministry and support areas that supports the healthy, long-term growth of the church
- Must have excellent working knowledge of both GMBC by-laws and executive policies
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with the associated school and senior housing ministries to the dignity and honor of the overall ministries and organization
Leadership and Strategic Planning
- As a member of the Executive Team, participate in the development of strategic plans for the ministry of the church and its affiliate ministries
- In collaboration with GMBC leadership, oversee the establishment of a culture of discipleship and leadership development
- Oversee the daily and ongoing administrative staff and activities of GMBC
- Continues to pursue growth and education or developmental opportunities
- Business degree with specialized training in accounting, finance and human resources management
- Demonstrated Management experience, a minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a senior leader in a corporate business environment; or similar sized ministry
- Demonstrated ability to act proactively in identifying and analyzing issues and resolving problems
- Demonstrated experience in working in a computerized accounting environment, with particular competency in Microsoft Office and accounting programs
- Proven ability to supervise staff
- Proven ability to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and learning
- Experience working with boards, committees and volunteers
- Adhere to the Statement of Faith, Core Beliefs and Lifestyle Commitment and GMBC Human Resources Manual
- Comply with all GMBC Policies and Procedures
- Supportive of the vision and leadership of the church
- Be an active Member of GMBC
- Be an active participant in the worship services of the church
- Be trained in Plan to Protect
- A completed Criminal Record check including the vulnerable sector search
- A sincere love for the Lord evidenced by lifestyle
- Commitment to a small group
- Evidence of faithfulness in tithing of resources, time and energy.
- To the degree practicable, attend regular meetings of the Ministry Team, the monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees, and other meetings as requested
- Be able to interact with others and demonstrate the values of GMBC
- Submit/participate in annual reviews (both giving and receiving)
The included statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to ApplyTo apply: Please send the following attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- One pastoral reference
- Please use ‘Director of Operations’ in the subject line of the email.
32 total views, 2 today