Full-time Director of Programs
Inner Hope Youth Ministries is a Christian non-profit with a vision of hope through relationships. We walk alongside youth and families in Vancouver’s inner city, nurturing hope, belonging and transformation. Our community supports and empowers participants from diverse backgrounds, the majority from Indigenous descent. We are seeking a Director of Programs who will lead the design, development, implementation and evaluation of each of our four service areas – Support, Discipleship, Life Skills, and Housing.
The ideal candidate is a caring, committed leader:
- who is inspired by Inner Hope’s unique ministry model—social service within a faith community made up of loving, committed relationships.
- who will bring organized, strategic leadership to a diverse ministry team of like-minded, servant-hearted individuals.
- who has a passion for seeing vulnerable young people experience transformation over a long-term journey.
The Director of Programs must be someone with the proven ability to provide faith-based vision and coaching for our frontline staff team and be willing to offer them on-call practical support and encouragement. The successful applicant must have knowledge and experience coming alongside individuals with a history of trauma, addiction, FASD, and involvement with the foster care system. We are seeking a Director of Programs with a strong desire to partner with community members (parents, youth, service providers, government agencies) in discerning and addressing the needs of Inner Hope’s youth and families and who is committed to growing opportunities for participants (youth, young adults, parents) to lead and impact their community.
Start Date: August 24, 2020
Hours: Full-time salaried position; some evenings and weekends required
Remuneration: $56,160 per year + Health Benefits
Supervisor: Executive Director
- Faithfully uphold Inner Hope Youth Ministries’ (IHYM) Statement of Faith
- Passion for IHYM’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Preference of a Bachelor Degree in a related field (social service, leadership, business)
- Minimum two years of management experience as well as two years of front-line experience with youth in a social service setting
- Experience working or volunteering in a Christian ministry setting
- Strong leadership skills: driven, self-motivated
- Visionary with the ability to develop programs and initiatives in partnership with our community
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Canada’s Indigenous community
- Proven ability to communicate at a professional level (verbal and written)
- Competent at time management and administration, with the ability to be flexible
- Wholeheartedly adhere to IHYM’s Code of Ethics, policies and procedures
- Acceptable current criminal record check
- Class 5 (or higher) driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Oversee programs, services and facilities
- Develop and design new and existing programs
- Evaluate core programs (one per year)
- Partner with community members (youth and families) for all aspects of program development
- Oversee the care and upkeep of Inner Hope’s two houses
- Supervise programming staff (4 full-time, 4 part-time, 1-2 summer interns)
- Model Godly character and provide spiritual mentoring to staff
- Coach, support and motivate program staff, building upon a team-work environment
- Oversee the recruitment, interviewing and selection of program staff with the values and abilities to further Inner Hope’s shared mandate
- Oversee crisis intervention including on-call support and encouragement of frontline staff
- Complete reports and oversee program budgets
- Oversee the tracking of services and provide monthly and annual reports to Executive Director
- Monitor yearly programming budgets
- Network with organizations and churches offering similar services
- Develop strategic partnerships
- Resource frontline staff
- Partner with Executive Director in strategic planning and ambassadorship
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 18, 2020.
94 total views, 1 today