Full-time Director of Social Enterprise
The Director of Social Enterprise is responsible for MCC Manitoba (MCCM) social enterprise activity that both generates income while delivering program and community engagement goals of peace, sustainable development, justice and the dignity of all people.
A key element of this position is leading the financial sustainability of the MCC Manitoba Thrift Shop Network and Sam’s Place café and used bookstore and Youth Program.
The Director will ensure sustainability of the provincial MCC Thrift network of 16 shops as key contributors to the work of MCC. This means working closely in relationship with Boards and management of each shop to guide and influence planning, operational practices, marketing and, particularly, use of social media.
Supervisory responsibility for the Sam’s Place team includes oversight of business operations, program delivery, and providing grant sourcing and reporting. Other duties include project development and growing other areas of social enterprise for MCCM.
Program and Social Enterprise teams are co-located at 159 Henderson Hwy. The Social Enterprise Director is also responsible for property ownership matters, maintenance and repair, policies and protocol and general oversight at the Henderson campus. The Director will work in collaboration with the Program Director / Associate Program Director to reimagine supervision across the two teams to create one community at the campus.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours/ week), salaried management position. This position requires regular evening and weekend work, frequent travel within Manitoba, and occasional international travel. Only those candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada should apply.
• Understanding of and passion for MCC and its work
• Entrepreneurial with a strong business development and commercial/retail experience required
• Experience in marketing, merchandising and business operations essential
• Relevant post-secondary education such as Business Administration or Non-Profit Management or
equivalent work experience
• Sound financial budget management required
• An active interest in social media impacts and trends
• Leadership experience in a volunteer environment preferred
• Passionate about social entrepreneurship and committed to social justice
• Able to coach, inspire, and lead a team and a network of independent enterprises
• At least three years of relevant experience in a key leadership and development role
• Team leadership and management skills, including initiative, team player, prioritization and planning
• Experience with volunteer boards and committees
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people within and outside
the of the Manitoba Mennonite constituency; appreciative of volunteers
• Strong written/verbal communication skills, including business writing, public speaking and
• Demonstrated problem/conflict solving skills
• Volunteer management experience; Volunteer Management certificate an asset
• Flexible work style; available for frequent weekend and evening work
• Availability for regular provincial travel
• Valid Manitoba driver’s license
• Access to personal car for work purposes
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of retail/business operating systems support
How to Applyhttps://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/director-social-enterprise-0
109 total views, 1 today