Full-time Donor and Alumni Relations Associate
Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) is looking for a person with a warm and invitational relational manner, and a passion for building connections with individuals and groups who make up the network of support that surrounds CMU (alumni, supporters, friends, congregations, businesses, etc.). By nurturing a heart for the mission of CMU within these networks, this person will find ways to invite individuals and groups to participate in this mission with their financial generosity.
Do you know this person or is this you?
- You believe in CMU’s mission to inspire lives for service, leadership, and reconciliation in church and society
- You are actively involved in a church congregation
- You care about students and wish to champion their capacity to change the world
- You are confident, grounded, and listen well
- You are curious and always learning
- You are collaborative and work well in a team setting, and also self-motivated, requiring minimal direct supervision
- You have a post-secondary degree and experience working in a people-centred field
- You have excellent verbal and writing skills
- Build meaningful relationships with people who have a heart for the mission of CMU
- Draw people into CMU’s vision, plans, programs, services, and initiatives
- Envision, cultivate, and manage student scholarship and bursary relationships and records; participate on the CMU Awards Committee
- As a team member, identify, solicit, and acknowledge gifts in appropriate ways, developing opportunities to support CMU financially for all supporters and at all levels
- Carefully document conversations with attention to confidentiality
- Participate in fostering a supportive and informed culture of philanthropy and engagement that inspires CMU staff and faculty
- Participate in planning and implementation of public institutional events
About Canadian Mennonite University
Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) is a thriving university in the Anabaptist faith tradition with a student body of 900 FTE. Located in Winnipeg, CMU’s Main Campus offers comprehensive undergraduate degree programs in Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences, Biblical and Theological Studies, Music, Business, and Communications & Media. Graduate degrees feature MBA, Peacebuilding and Development, and Seminary programs. CMU’s downtown campus, Menno Simons College, offers Conflict Resolution Studies and International Development Studies in affiliation with University of Winnipeg. CMU was chartered by the Province of Manitoba in 1998 and sustains close relationships with its founding church bodies and many other communities. CMU is a member of Universities Canada.
While not preferred, working from a remote office may be considered.
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dori Zerbe Cornelsen, Director of Development at email@example.com or Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should email a resume and cover letter (PDF or Word document) along with the names of three references, in confidence to email@example.com or to Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB, R3P 2N2.
126 total views, 1 today