Full-time Education Program Assistant
The Education Programs Assistant in consultation with the Program Manager is responsible for the coordination, development, and safe and efficient operation of A Rocha Manitoba summer day camps and drop-in programs. This includes, but is not limited to, curriculum development, organizing and planning supplies and snacks, coordinating day camp assistants, volunteers and partner organizations, organizing camper applications and leading day camp activities. This position plays a central role in providing children with a fun, safe, and supportive environment to engage in various environmental education opportunities. Other tasks may include administrative support and event planning and implementation.
- Develop and plan four weeks of day camps for children ages 6-11
- Coordinate the advertising and promotion of summer programs
- Working with a budget create a list of supplies and food needed for camps
- Coordinate with volunteers and day camp partner organizations
- Maintain accurate attendance records and administration for all summer programs as well as accident reports, medical forms, and program reports
- Lead day camp activities in a safe and fun manner
- Prepare healthy snacks for day camps
- Develop and implement evaluations for day camp programs
- Participate in A Rocha community through team days, discussions, events and mentoring
- Plan and lead community events such as hikes and discovery days at the Boreal Ecology Centre
- Embodies A Rocha Canada’s Vision, Commitments and Core Values
- Experience and/or education in environmental education, recreation or related field
- Experience working with children
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and connect well with new people
- Personal initiative and able to manage details
- Time-management skills
- Willingness to learn
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with official refugee status
- Criminal record check and Vulnerable Sector check required
- Must be a youth between 15-30 years of age
- Knowledge of local environmental concerns
- Experience in event planning and/or curriculum development
- Experience leading programs for groups of people (summer camp, service club etc)
- First Aid and CPR
- Access to transportation
A Rocha Canada Mission, Vision, Commitments
A Rocha is an international Christian organization which, inspired by God’s love, engages in scientific research, environmental education, community-based conservation projects and sustainable agriculture. We envision the transformation of people and places by showing God’s love for all creation.
A Rocha International 5 Commitments:
Christian – Underlying all we do is our biblical faith in the living God, who made the world, loves it and entrusts it to the care of human society.
Conservation – We carry out research for the conservation and restoration of the natural world and run environmental education programs for people of all ages.
Community – Through our commitment to God, each other and the wider creation, we aim to develop good relationships both within the A Rocha family and in our local communities.
Cross-cultural – We draw on the insights and skills of people from diverse cultures, both locally and around the world.
Cooperation – We work in partnership with a wide variety of organizations and individuals who share our concerns for a sustainable world.
How to ApplyTo apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2020. If successful, you will be contacted for an interview in the week of April 13th. The successful applicant will be notified by end of April --provided funding is approved
69 total views, 4 today