Full-time Executive Director, MCC Alberta
The Executive Director (ED) provides overall leadership to the work of MCC in Alberta. This position bears responsibility for upholding and implementing the vision, purpose, and values of MCC. The ED guides the work of MCC in Alberta as set by the MCC Alberta Board of Directors.
The ED is responsible to the MCC Alberta Board and Executive Committee for all aspects of MCC Alberta’s operations that the Board has delegated. The ED provides overall leadership and vision from an Anabaptist orientation to MCC Alberta. The ED will work collaboratively with the Leadership and Administrative Teams to ensure the provision of effective programming, communications, fundraising, and overall administration.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated successful administrative and servant leadership, characterized by cooperation and collaboration among boards, colleagues, and employees.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or related experience.
- Ability to develop and implement a vision through a strategic framework.
- Ability to work with, and at direction of the Board.
- Understanding of financial resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict management and power dynamics in gender, race, and office relations.
- Effective interactive communication skills – written, verbal and listening.
- Ability to lead, develop and support a staff team using a strength-based approach.
- Familiarity with MCC and Anabaptist constituencies.
- Awareness and acceptance of theological diversity within the MCC family.
- Ability to address issues and communicate positions in theological terms.
- Previous international and/or Canadian involvement with MCC preferred.
- Serves as the chief executive officer for MCC Alberta and represents the work of the Alberta Board throughout the organization. The ED cultivates relationships among provincial leaders of constituent denominations, conferences, and with partner agencies and organizations.
- Provides overall leadership to the relief, development, and peace building work of MCC in Alberta. Cultivates relationships with the MCC stakeholders and embodies the voice of the organization, both internally and externally with the media and among provincial church, government, and other leadership officials.
- Works to develop Donor Relations, including effective communication and building connections with donors, thrift shop boards, Relief Sales and other revenue generating committees, organizations, or events.
The ED reports directly to the MCC Alberta Board and works in close collaboration with the Board Chair. The ED is responsible for the supervision of the MCCA Leadership Team, as well as responsible for the general oversight of all MCCA employees.
The ED will:
- Lead collaboratively with the board and staff in creative and innovative implementation of the vision, mission, and priority goals of MCC Alberta. This includes participating in the development of strategic plans and policy frameworks for MCC Alberta and the larger MCC system.
- Develop strong relationships with constituent denominations, conferences and churches and encourage partnerships with provincial organizations and agencies.
- Build and empower a leadership team in exercising strategic leadership and in understanding the financial realities which MCC faces.
- Establish strong working relationships with the ED of MCC Canada and the other provincial MCC EDs to enhance and enrich the mission of MCC in Canada and internationally. MCC Alberta is committed to a coherent MCC presence in Canada, in North America and globally.
- Initiate and manage change and communicate effectively through listening, writing, and speaking.
- Exercises a high level of independent action and decision-making to meet the goals of the MCC Alberta Board.
- Uses innovative and creative approaches to implement and evaluate organizational goals, exercising prudence and good judgment in consultation with the Board Chair on issues that could jeopardize the organization’s well-being. Performance is measured over long intervals and in terms of substantial impact on the organization.
The ED leads activity and makes decisions which represent organization-wide program and operations. MCC Alberta staff creatively implement the goals and priorities of the MCC Alberta Board to accomplish MCC Alberta’s mission. Constituent denominational bodies increase their participation and ownership in shared goals and programs.
- Provide inspirational leadership in the development of innovative programs and related support services within the context of the vision, mission and priority goals set by MCC Canada and the MCC covenants, while inspiring the passions of staff in their implementation. (30%)
- Represent MCC Alberta beyond itself with constituent denominations, inter-organization relationships and other stakeholders. (30%)
- Provide support for the governance function of the MCC Alberta Board. (10%)
- Engage and develop resources for fundraising and resource generation while ensuring sound financial and risk management of the overall organization. (30%)
- Ensure that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is exemplified in the performance of all job responsibilities and through personal example.
- Attend and be actively involved in a local congregation.
- Model nonviolent peacemaking in the workplace and community through respectful interactions and work relationships.
Leadership and Management:
- Uphold MCC Alberta’s vision and facilitate the pursuit of it, ensuring the mission and values of MCC are clearly articulated in the responsibilities and accountabilities of the leadership team, staff members and programs of MCC Alberta.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with covenant of MCC’s in Canada.
- Provide regular supervision and support for all direct reports.
- Lead regular meetings of the Leadership Team and develop staff leadership capacity.
- Ensure effective collaboration within the MCCA staff team and promote a team-oriented workplace culture.
- Initiate strategic planning including local, national, and international needs and injustices through the development and/or maintenance of programs and initiatives while garnering engagement and awareness within stakeholder groups and other constituency members.
- Identify staffing needs and other gaps and support the development of strategies to address such needs.
Representation, Communication and Relations:
- Represent MCC Alberta in congregations, churches, conferences and with local agencies and organizations.
- Facilitate and monitor MCC Alberta’s participation in the wider MCC network through building of relationships and participation in the meetings of the EDs and the Canadian Senior Staff.
- Speak for MCC Alberta to media and government.
Board Support and Governance:
- Meet and consult regularly with the Board Chair, the Executive Committee and the MCC Alberta Board to assist in all aspects of planning and Board governance responsibilities.
- Organize annual reporting, AGM and other meetings.
- Identify governance policy needs and support the maintenance of board policies and processes.
Fiscal and Risk Management:
- Oversee financial planning, budget development, organizational risk management and resource generation while also ensuring sound financial management of MCCA’s income and disbursements, investments, and assets.
- Acknowledge, nurture and work with MCC donors and supporters, including Relief Sale Committees, Thrift Shop Boards and other fundraising committees.
- Identify fundraising needs and opportunities for MCCA. Develop and implement strategies to address needs and capitalize on new opportunities.
How to Applyhttps://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/executive-director-mcca-0
199 total views, 3 today