Full-time Finance Manager
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a full-time permanent Finance Manager position. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
The Finance Manager provides oversight and financial management for field operations. The role requires timely, accurate financial reporting to a variety of stakeholders. The position helps to ensure the overall success of MEDA’s finance, accounting and compliance functions. This is a full-time permanent position based in Waterloo, Ontario. Regular travel to developing countries is required. The ideal start date is November 2018.
Completing donor financial reporting and forecasting for MEDA’s projects worldwide
- Establish and monitor accounting systems for MEDA field programs and provide training to field staff
- Facilitate variance analysis between budgeted costs and actual costs
- Provide budgeting assistance and other expertise to Project Managers to inform financial decision making
- Prepare financial reports for donors which are accurate and compliant with contract terms
- Review financial claims from partner agencies for compliance
Financial management responsibilities for field programs
- Train field office staff in accounting software systems and financial processes.
- Review monthly financial statement packages and supporting schedules from field offices, ensuring accuracy
- Prepare journal entries required to reconcile field program advances, deferred revenue and expenses to MEDA general ledger
- Ensure field finance policies include are reviewed annually and controls are in place to effectively in manage risk
Provide support for year-end, donor, and internal audits
- Ensure all timelines are met
- Ensure internal control weaknesses are rectified and implemented in a timely fashion
Provide legal and compliance oversight
- Review contracts and sub-award contracts in accordance with MEDA policies and procedures
- Maintain a database of MEDA legal registration information, updated at least annually
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned.
- University degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- Minimum three years accounting experience in related field
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Experience in financial management of government awards (GAC, USAID, other)
- Working knowledge of accounting software (Sage 300 is preferred)
- Team player with excellent skills in building and maintaining relationships and networking
- Ability and willingness for regular international travel (up to 40-65 days annually)
- Experience in preparing financial, budget, and analytical reports for communication to a variety of audiences
- Superior organizational skills and proficiency in managing competing priorities
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to ApplyPlease apply online by visiting https://www.meda.org/careers
215 total views, 1 today