Full-time Financial Controller
- All Finance team staff are working in their strengths, motivated, and equipped by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
- There is continual improvement of efficiencies in the operations of the Finance team to better serve the ministries and departments of P2C.
- All efforts and results of the Finance team (including payroll, donations processing and tax receipting) are accomplished accurately and on time.
- There is a developed financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting
- Systems are in place that prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Cash flow is managed and optimized
- Accurate financial reports are provided on-time
- Financial statements and year-end regulatory filings are prepared and submitted on time (includes working with financial statement and regulatory auditors, as required)
- High-level financial reporting and analysis is provided to the Executive team identifying results and trends
- Active participation in weekly corporate chapel
- Special projects as assigned by VP of Operations
- You have a recognized accounting designation (CPA or CA)
- You have proven ability to develop and mentor teams you have led
- You have at least 3 – 5 years experience in a similar role or in a public accounting firm.
- You have strong knowledge of GAAP and Accounting Standards for non-profit organizations
- You have a strong working knowledge of Excel and Google Suite
- You are able to learn multiple systems and understand their interaction
- You have effective problem-solving and time management skills
- You have strong effective communication and people skills
- You have experience working in a Christian charity (preferred)
- You have knowledge of fund accounting/ non-profit accounting (preferred)
- You have experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (preferred)
- Competitive salary
- Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (if 25+ hours a week)
- Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
- Access to our Employment Assistant Program
- Paid vacation
- Mentorship opportunities
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our Resource Centre
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.
How to ApplyTo apply, go to http://p2c.sh/
25 total views, 1 today