Full-time Food Services Manager/Cook
Cook and Food Services Manager
Seasonal (FT June 15-August 31 PT Sept-Oct; April-June)
Princeton, BC (21 km north of Princeton on Hwy 5A)
As a key member of the team at Camp Tulahead, the Camp Cook will be responsible for preparing and serving well-balanced and healthy meals to campers, staff and rental groups.
Tulahead is a child and youth-oriented, faith-based camp situated just north of Princeton, on Laird Lake. We are currently seeking individuals who are team players, ministry oriented and mature Christians who love children and youth.
- To prepare and present well-balanced and healthy menus/meals, making use of resources at hand
- Ensure safe handling and storage of all food supplies.
- Maintain a running inventory of all food supplies/ ensure timely use of supplies prior to expiry date.
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen, pantry, fridges, freezers, stoves/ovens and storage areas.
- Order all kitchen supplies and food products as required for food service while maintaining cost effective purchasing and remaining within the budget given to you
- Schedule, train and supervise personnel (i.e. paid and volunteer staff) as required to provide hospitable food services. Education, Training and Experience:
- Foodsafe I and II Certificates (or willing to acquire)
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation for large groups (preferred)
- Knowledge of safe food handling and storage
- Knowledge of preparation of special diet meals
- Some supervisory experience
- Creativity and flexibility
- Criminal Record Check clearance
- Job Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle the physical demands of the position.
- A person who demonstrates Christian values and character
- Self-motivated, organized, detail oriented.
- A creative problem-solver and team player.
- Ability to work with and genuinely enjoy serving people of all ages
- Ability to build relationships with rental groups, encouraging retention of annual rentalsCompensation and Benefits: Application Process:
- We thank all applicants, but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Submit personal resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- This full-time, permanent position will be “seasonal”. Compensation will be based on a 40-hour work week during the summer months and weekend work during the Fall and Spring rental season. Housing and meals are included in this position.
- Salary based on experience (to be discussed during interview)
How to ApplyPlease send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
1264 total views, 2 today