Full-time GPS Residence Supervisor
Title: GPS Residence Supervisor
Ministry: Connecting Streams
Location: Ottawa, ON
Reports to: National GPS Ministry Leader
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Connecting Streams equips and mobilizes the Church to help society’s vulnerable populations know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Through partnerships and teams, we build trusting relationships that foster faith and hope.
The GPS Residence Supervisor oversees the community living aspect of the Gap Post-Grad Service ministry. They will lead the development of the residence life, coach student leaders, and establish a strategic ministry plan in order to help students coming out of high school be ignited in their faith, explore God’s calling on their life, and experience vocational ministry in a hands-on learning environment in line with the mission of Connecting Streams.
GPS Team Member
- Fully engage with the GPS Team to create and implement a strategic plan.
- Work with the National GPS Ministry Leader to develop and implement a strategic plan and achieve objectives for residence life
- Learn and develop with GPS Team to share resources, encourage and equip each other, and share expertise
- Intentionally pray for your team regularly
- Work with the National GPS Ministry Leader to recruit leaders and students and process applications
- Review and evaluate residence life goals at quarterly checkpoints with National GPS Ministry Leader
- Work with the National GPS Ministry Leader to develop a training plan for students leaders
- Meet with student leaders regularly to coach/mentor them in their roles and personally
- Support student leaders in conflict management/problem solving
- Work with the student leaders to plan and carry out a strategic plan to see students in enter into and engage in healthy community living
- Be on-call in case something happens beyond the scope and responsibilities of the student leaders
- Work alongside the National GPS Ministry Leader to share vision and represent Connecting Streams with student leaders, students, churches, organizations, agencies, Christian colleges and universities to initiate connections and partnerships with the GPS program
- Brainstorm with the GPS Team to develop new GPS ministry opportunities
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use Google Suite or equivalent
- Administrative skills, personally organized, good steward of time
- Self-motivated, team builder, able to work independently
- A genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- Skill in leading people spiritually regardless of spiritual context
- Ability to relate well with Churches and other Christian organizations
- Ability to relate well with youth and young adults
- A strong foundation and understanding of Spiritual Formation and Leadership Development
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years related ministry and/or educational experience
- 1+ years of formal Biblical training
- 2+ years experience in residence living leadership
This position requires Ministry Partner Development where the successful candidate will be required to build a team which provides financial and prayer support for salary and ministry expenses including benefits coverage.
Where the candidate is able to be financially independent, they may volunteer for this position with the expectation that they will serve as associate staff (minimum 25 hours).
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Please visit our website to view ongoing job opportunities at https://p2c.com/opportunities/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
How to ApplyPlease apply with cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
138 total views, 4 today