The humanitarian assistance coordinator is a member of the Planning, Learning, and Disaster Response (PLDR) department and is supervised by the department’s co-director responsible for disaster response. The coordinator works to:
1. Resource and support program staff regarding best practices and planning, monitoring and evaluation in the humanitarian assistance and disaster recovery sector, including review of project proposals, and support of relevant assessments, monitoring and evaluation.
2. Review and manage projects funded out of MCC’s Humanitarian Assistance Fund (HAF), MCC’s account at Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB) and disaster restricted funds.
3. Support the coordination of and resource MCC’s response to major humanitarian crises.
This is a 9-month term position. MCC may end this term early with 2 weeks notice.
All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active participation in a Christian church or Christian community; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
- BA in international development or related field; Masters preferred
- 3 years’ experience in international development and/or humanitarian practice
- Familiarity with planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) tools, results-based management and external donor project management
- Demonstrated skills in planning and administration, with the ability to work independently and take initiative and responsibility with minimal supervision
- Personable manner and strong in-person, written and oral communications skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in and/or ability to learn Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, MCC’s program database and intranet software
- Strong command of the English language – both oral and written
- Efficient, dependable and persistent in following through on tasks
- Flexible working style that is able to adapt and prioritize attention to multiple tasks and competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up 65 days per year
How to Apply
206 total views, 2 today