Title: Intermediate Accountant
Ministry: Finance Department
Location: Langley, BC (Abbotsford, BC mid-2020)
Reports to: Financial Controller
Position type: Permanent Full-Time
Power to Change helps people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for the prompt and accurate processing of reimbursements, petty cash, bank reconciliations, credit card processing and other tasks as assigned by the Financial Controller. The Intermediate Accountant is an important member of the Finance department. Each member of the our Finance team has specific roles that are interrelated with the roles of the other members of the team that allows us to provide timely and accurate support to our P2C staff.
Online Reimbursements Processing
• Online reimbursements are processed daily following the organization’s reimbursement policies and guidelines and procedures while meeting the turnaround time targets
• Accurate vendor files are maintained and banking information is kept confidential
• Vendor files are updated as needed for changes in banking information
• Staff are communicated with courtesy and on a timely basis
• On a quarterly basis, prepare tax refund documents
• Monitor advances submitted through online reimbursement system and review and clear advances monthly
• The filing is up to date
Petty Cash/Currency Requests
• Disbursements of CAD, USD, EUR petty cash are handled accurately and recorded correctly.
• Petty cash counts and monthly reconciliation of CAD, USD, EUR petty cash are completed every month.
• Advances/currency requests and clear advances are processed and administered accurately and on a timely basis
• Power to Change International (PTCI) and Campus Crusade for Christ Foundation (CCCF) bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
• Bank Statements are downloaded every month
Credit Card Processing
• Credit card payments through Moneris, Cvent, Stripe and Brushfire for registrations, ticket sales and other income are processed on a daily basis.
Other Finance Tasks
• PTCI & CCCF – Other GL Reconciliations are completed every month.
• Any issues or inquiries from vendors and service providers are resolved promptly.
● Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
● Minimum 3 years in general accounting, financial reporting or bookkeeping
● Intermediate knowledge of Excel
● Knowledge of Google sheets
● Understanding of full-cycle accounting would be an asset
● Experience with Great Plains Dynamics or other equivalent ERP system.
Required Skills & Abilities:
● Ability to work individually and in a team environment
● Highly organized and detail-oriented
● Strong communication skills
● Ability to focus and complete tasks within deadlines
● Must have a good work ethic, be punctual and have a good attendance record
● Must be proactive in asking questions and giving suggestions
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
This is a salaried position which includes benefits coverage.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.