Title: Junior Accountant
Ministry: Finance Department
Location: Langley, BC (Abbotsford, BC late 2020, early 2021)
Reports to: Financial Controller
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time (1 year contract)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Team:
The Finance team is committed to providing timely and accurate support to the Power to Change staff. Each member of the Finance team has specific roles that are interrelated with the roles of the other members of the team.
About the Role:
The Junior Accountant is responsible for the prompt and accurate processing and recording of bank deposits, fixed assets, events registrations, and gifts in kind donations. The Junior Accountant also reconciles the bank and other general ledger (GL) accounts.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
• Cash & cheques deposits are prepared for the bank
• Bank deposits and revenue transactions are posted to the GL promptly
• Credit card payments from online registrations are recorded in the GL promptly
Corporate Credit Card
• Credit card entries are posted to the GL by the month end deadline
• Capitalization policies are followed
• Capital asset transactions are posted by month end deadline
• On a monthly basis, bank accounts (CAD and USD) are reconciled to the GL
• Outstanding cheques are monitored and followed up
• Outstanding items in the bank reconciliation are followed up promptly
• Other bank charges are recorded promptly
Other Finance Tasks
• Process daily batches from P2C Resource Centre, and record payments received each month
• Assigned GL accounts are reconciled monthly
• Gifts in kind and share donations are posted promptly
• USD and EUR exchange rates are updated on the first of the month
• Other tasks as assigned by the Financial Controller
• You have a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• You have taken courses in accounting, and must have prior experience in general accounting, financial reporting or bookkeeping
• You possess an intermediate knowledge of Excel including formulas such as VLOOKUP
• You have experience with Dynamics GP or another equivalent ERP system
• You are able to work individually as well as in a team environment
• You are highly organized and detail-oriented
• You possess strong communication skills
• You are able to focus and complete tasks within deadlines
• You must have a good work ethic, be punctual and a have proven attendance record
• You must be proactive in asking questions and giving suggestions
• It would be an asset if you have experience in Google sheets and an understanding of full-cycle accounting.
What We Offer Our Staff:
• Competitive wages
• Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits
• Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
• Paid vacation
• Weekly Chapel services
• Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
• Discounts at our Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
How to Apply
or email Rachel.Janz@p2c.com for more information.
137 total views, 12 today