Full-time Lead Pastor
Crossroads is seeking a gifted woman or man for the position of lead pastor. Start date is September 1 2021.
Crossroads is a Mennonite Brethren Church in Winnipeg which values participation with the Mennonite Brethren Conference of which we are a part. With an average weekly attendance of 80 and a wide range of ages in attendance, we worship together in the St Boniface neighbourhood. Our members join us from a number of areas within the city; all generations worship together on Sunday mornings. Sunday mornings are a time for fellowship and relationship building. Throughout the week we bless each other to serve in our individual neighbourhoods or with other organization as we feel moved. We operate under a congregational governance model.
During this time of COVID restrictions, we are meeting in person with reduced numbers, regulated by a sign–up sheet, so all members who want to attend in have opportunity. Services are live streamed and also recorded and posted to a password protected portal.
Position Title: Senior Pastor
Reports To: Visioning Board, Membership
- Provide spiritual and general oversight of the congregation
- Lead the preaching and teaching ministry of the church
- Lead overall worship planning at the church
- Cultivate community connections and outreach
- Work with the Congregational Care Committee to provide pastoral care
- Attend all Visioning Board meetings as ex officio member
- Provide guidance to all other church committees as called upon
- Provide a personal plan for professional development on an annual basis
- Salary is based on the MBCM Church Salary Grid
- Mature Christian character, humility, and demonstrated love for God and the church
- Committed to the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith and to living a lifestyle consistent with that Confession of Faith
- Gifted in collaborative leadership
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to relate well with all members of the church and members of the community
- Education: post-secondary education and theological training
- Christ-centred worldview that is current and informed
Time breakdown of pastoral responsibilities
The following percentages are meant to serve as guidelines
- Preaching and teaching including sermon preparation 30%
- Community connections and outreach 25%
- Providing pastoral care 25%
- Professional development (outside of sermon preparation) 10%
- Attendance at meetings 10%
How to ApplyTo apply or for more information please contact Alinea Piche at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until January 1.
372 total views, 1 today