Part-time Lead Pastor
Advertisement for Lead Pastor (.8 FTE Position)
Justice Mennonite Brethren Church is a rural Manitoba congregation searching for a Lead Pastor as we move forward into the future. We are a multi-generational congregation. Our church is seeking to fill the position with someone who has the passion to lead our church into the next chapter in its mission through teaching, preaching and equipping. We are a church with a heart for fellowship, evangelism, Bible teaching and community.
Please forward cover letter, resume and references to:
Lead Pastor Job Description
Position Title: Lead Pastor (.8 FTE)
Reports To: Church Board
The Lead Pastor called to this ministry position will lead the church into the next chapter in its mission through teaching, preaching and equipping the congregation.
– Secondary Education from seminary, divinity school or Bible college/university (undergraduate degree would be beneficial)
– Must have ministry experience with church leadership
– Mature Christian character and demonstrate love for God and the Church
– Must be in agreement with and committed to the Mennonite Brethren Confessions of
Faith, and live a lifestyle consistent with that Confession of Faith
– Must be dedicated in preaching/ Bible teaching
– Be able to work in co-operation with the church board
– Must be able to work independently when necessary and take initiative
– Possesses good communication and interpersonal relational skills; connects and communicate to all generations
– Leadership experience
– Deliver challenging and engaging sermons which are biblically based on sound doctrine
– Encourage the congregation in ministering to the needs of the church members and
– Disciple the congregation through Bible study/teaching
– Lead the church to carry out specific functions of ministry, discipleship & evangelism
– Fellowship and worship resulting in the spiritual growth of the church
– Assist in planning worship services
– Lead in observing the ordinances of the church: baptism and The Lord’s Supper
– Extend care to individuals or families
– Visit individuals who are in hospital or homebound
– Provide support and encouragement for people during times of celebration and times of grief
Church Profile for the Mennonite Brethren Church of Justice
The Justice Mennonite Brethren Church is a rural country church located in the RM of Elton, Manitoba. The church was founded in 1930 and in 2001 was renovated and expanded.
As a result of the previous pastor retiring, Justice MB Church is now seeking to fill the position of Lead Pastor with someone who has the passion to lead the church to the next chapter in its mission, which is:
“Our mission is to be a community of Jesus, infused by the Spirit, centered in God’s Word, making room for all. We believe the Good News of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ is for all people. Christ commands the Church to make disciples of all nations by calling people to repent, and by baptizing and teaching them to obey Jesus. Jesus teaches that disciples are to love God and their neighbours by telling the Good News and by doing acts of love and compassion.”
Justice MB Church is a community of mainly rural people drawing from a number of communities surrounding our country location. Our average attendance ranges from 30 – 50 people, with a multigenerational mix. We have 1 weekly service on Sunday mornings along with children & adult Sunday School programs that run prior to the morning service. There are also a few Bible study groups that run during the week (mainly in the winter season).
We are a church with a heart for fellowship, community and Bible teaching. We enjoy being able to fellowship and grow in God’s Word together through Sunday morning services, Sunday School, fellowship meals, Bible studies, Ladies Fellowship, community Christmas choir, Christmas Eve services etc. We are a close, supportive church family with a multigenerational connection. Our goal is to grow our congregation in Bible teaching and life application of the Word. We recognize the gifts and potential in all people and want to lead them to a closer relationship with God.
We are looking for leadership in establishing ministry through biblical teaching with life application that embraces the mission of the Justice MB Church.
Our Mission at the Justice MB Church rests on the following core values:
– Christ Centered – To be centered in Christ is to bring Him into our present context. We believe that Jesus shows us the way to live our lives as we follow Him in obedience, putting Him at the forefront of our lives and living in accordance to His Word.
– Bible Teaching- The best way to grow in our faith is by having a solid biblical foundation in the Word of God. By studying the Bible, we can continue to grow in the knowledge of Christ and strengthen our relationship with Him.
– Fellowship/Community- We believe that through fellowship and community a supportive, caring environment uplifting people in prayer and encouragement is formed. Having intergenerational connections creates a unique opportunity for fellowship and support in the church family.
– Relational- Our greatest opportunity for proclaiming the Good News comes from our relationships with others. We believe it is important to demonstrate the love of Christ to people in tangible ways.
How to ApplyApply to Justice Mennonite Brethren Church c/o Paul Penner email: email@example.com
91 total views, 2 today