Full-time Lead Pastor
Lead Pastor, Parliament Community Church
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Position: Permanent, full time
Parliament Community Church is a Mennonite Brethren community of faith established in 1942 and affiliated with the Saskatchewan Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. Our mission is to raise up healthy disciples who live, love and serve like Jesus. The successful candidate will lead a team of four pastors and program staff under the guidance of a congregationally elected Elders Board as together they discern and implement the vision and mission of the church. In collaboration with the board and staff, the lead pastor will champion spiritual renewal within our church community and support and carry out ministry outcomes with a strong emphasis on local and global missions. Displaying a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit, the successful candidate will be a discipler and developer of leaders. The lead pastor will oversee the planning of Sunday and special services, prepare and deliver weekly sermons, give oversight to baptisms and membership in the church and oversee the care ministry which includes visitation and counselling. The lead pastor will attend and report at congregational meetings and monthly meetings of the Elders Board, and may attend any agency meeting as an ex-officio member. Accreditation and participation in the life and ministry of the larger Conference (provincial/Canadian) is an expectation.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience in a lead or associate pastor role or a combination of relevant team leadership experience both inside and outside of a church context.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies and experience:
- Gifted in preaching and teaching the word of God
- Ability to lead and develop effective teams
- A passion for lifelong learning, personal and spiritual development
- Effective in building and restoring personal relationships
- Comfortable working in a multi-ethnic context
PCC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To learn more about us visit our website at parliamentchurch.com.
How to ApplySend a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or Parliament Community Church, 4011 Pasquia Street, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4S 6C8
124 total views, 1 today