Full-time Lead Pastor
Sardis Community Church
45625 South Sumas Rd. Chilliwack, BC V2R 4M7
Position: Lead Pastor
Classification: Full time
Date: May 15, 2019
We are a well-established church community seeking a Lead Pastor who will provide strategic leadership, biblical teaching, and pastoral care for our faith community.
We are an aging congregation of approximately 250 people, with renewed enthusiasm and strategic commitment to strengthening our ministry to younger families and young people. We are seeking a relational Lead Pastor with experience and skills to lead us in this direction.
Sardis Community Church functions as part of the Conference of BC Mennonite Brethren Churches, adhering to their Confession of Faith and maintaining strong Anabaptist values. We value community life and engagement with our local and global communities. At our core we have a strong commitment to community, egalitarianism, lay leadership, and seeing our world transformed by the good news of Jesus Christ.
If interested, please send resume to Ron Ratzlaff (moderator) at email@example.com.
1. Work with the Leadership Team to strategically ensure that church mission, vision, values, and objectives are being implemented across all ministries of the church.
2. Alongside the Pastoral Care Team, provide and facilitate pastoral care for the church community, being reasonably available for visitation, counselling, weddings, funerals, etc.
3. In conjunction with the Worship Pastor, oversee the planning and organizing of Sunday morning and special services.
4. Oversee the preaching ministry of the church, preaching at least 75% of Sunday services.
5. Ensure that a welcoming path for newcomers and an intentional path for discipleship/spiritual formation is visible and encouraged for all.
6. Lead pastoral staff, coordinating, encouraging, and mentoring where appropriate, to ensure a healthy communal approach to ministry (working together for the common good).
7. Support and represent the church in its commitment to the local ministerial and MB Conference (BC and Canadian).
1. Highly relational, with an ability to relate well to all ages, especially families with youth and children.
2. Education and experience related to leading an inter-generational, multi-pastor church.
3. Ability to communicate and preach biblical truth clearly.
4. Ability to work creatively, strategically, and collaboratively toward outcomes.
5. Strong commitment to Anabaptist theology and values.
6. Good personal character, evidenced in trustworthiness, wisdom, compassion, generosity, humility, and a heart for people (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9).
How to ApplyIf interested, please send resume to Ron Ratzlaff (moderator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
105 total views, 1 today