Full-time Lead (Senior) Pastor Salem Church
Salem Church in Waldheim, SK Canada is part of the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (FEBC) www.fellowshipforward.org and is seeking a full-time Lead (Senior) Pastor to shepherd our congregation of approximately 300 individuals. Waldheim is a community of approx. 1200 people and located 50 km north of Saskatoon, SK. www.waldheim.ca
This full-time position exists to:
- Teach the Word of God so that members of the congregation will understand the meaning of Scripture and its application to daily life.
- Oversee and/or coordinate the ministry initiatives of additional ministry staff as well as the services of the church to the broader community.
- Bring focus to the training and teaching of congregational members to equip them to be committed disciples of Jesus Christ who make other disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Plan and carry out systematic teaching of the Word of God.
- Ensure baptismal and membership classes are organized as necessary.
- Provide biblical counsel to the Board of Elders where erroneous or false teaching has taken place within the church and ensure action is taken by the elders to prevent further expression of these teachings.
- Ensure that clear biblical teaching is provided in relation to contemporary doctrinal and social issues.
- Reinforce and teach the significance of biblical foundations in families so that parent will become the primary champions for developing vibrant faith in their children.
- Provide oversight to leaders of children’s, families’, youth and adult ministries.
- Help plan, initiate and participate in ongoing leadership training for elders and other church leaders.
- Provide leadership to discipleship/small group leaders and support them as necessary.
- Participate with the Board of Elders in carrying out church discipline procedures and provide teaching about church discipline for the whole congregation.
- Ensure that corporate prayer meeting opportunities are provided for the life of the church to see God’s power released through prayer.
- Be aware of the responsibilities and ministries of all church committees.
- Serve on the worship committee and ensure that the order of service is established for each worship service.
- Participate fully and consistently in the activities of the Board of Elders of which he is a full-fledged member by virtue of his office.
- Represent the church at community ministerial meetings.
- Submit ministry and expense reports to the Board of Elders at its regular meetings.
- Meet on a regular and preplanned basis with the chairman of the Board of Elders or his appointee.
- In collaboration with church staff ensure the regular church office hours are maintained and communicated to the church body.
- Meet regularly and on a pre-planned basis with church staff for planning, communication and prayer.
- If possible plan regular weekly days off and vacation times. At least two consecutive weeks of vacation time should be taken each year.
- Promote FEBC ministries in the church and attend FEBC functions.
- Develop the congregation as a ministering community and a missional body that reaches for Christ those who are outside the church walls.
- Encourage and equip members of the congregation to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ at every opportunity.
- Attempt to personally connect with newcomers and visitors to our church and teach members of the congregation to do the same.
- Seek to be visible in the community and participate in its activities.
- Ensure active communication with, support for and pastoral care of church missionaries taking care to work with and through their mission agencies.
- Challenge, identify and counsel potential mission candidates in the church.
Church Family Care
- Provide pre-marital counselling to members of our congregation who are planning to get married, whether in our church facilities or not.
- Provide support, counselling and pastoral care to bereaved families in the church and help in the organization of the funeral/memorial service as requested.
- Provide biblical counselling for marriage conflicts, addiction problems, depression, etc. or be prepared to direct people to competent counsellors who share our biblical world view.
- Foster a desire to keep the current intergenerational culture at Salem.
- Participate actively in the church visitation ministry designed to care for the sick, the hurting and the shut-ins.
- Commit to consistently and systematically praying for all church ministries and people involved in the life of the church.
Accountable to the Board of Elders in the person of its chairman.
Responsible for all ministry and administrative church staff.
- Those required of an elder as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Doctrinal viewpoints which are compatible with our Articles of Faith and those of the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (FEBC).
- Known as a communicator who has the ability to teach and preach in public.
- Bible college training equivalent to at least that of a Bachelor’s degree.
- A “team player”.
- Preferably, a previous pastoral experience.
- Preferably, a married man.
- A self-starter who is able to maintain an orderly personal schedule without constant oversight.
- Ability to work with and oversee staff members (ie. Youth pastor, church secretary, etc.)
Training & Career Development in the coming year:
How to ApplyInterested individuals may email their cover letter and resumes to email@example.com
508 total views, 3 today