All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active membership or participation in a Christian church; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume as one document directly to the MCC recruit system. Application deadline is 2 September 2019.
- Relevant post-secondary education such as Business Administration, Marketing or Non-Profit Management
- 3+ years retail experience required preferably in the non-profit sector and/or second-hand market.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a focus on understanding detailed sales data and reporting.
- A hands-on understanding of trends and practices in social media essential.
- Ability to work in a non-hierarchal, collaborative, team environment alongside grassroots organizations essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work with others in the social enterprise team to develop a strong and creative team focus, essential.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, required.
- Demonstrated problem/ conflict solving skills, required.
- Understanding of and passion for MCC and its work.
- Flexible work style; available for occasional weekend and evening work.
- Availability for regular provincial travel, required.
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s license, required.
- Experience leading and training volunteers; Volunteer Management certificate preferred.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and coordinating events preferred.
- Experience in the creation and development of marketing communications materials preferred.
- Access to a personal car for work purposes preferred.
- Invitations to work with MCC are contingent on the successful outcome of criminal background check(s).