Full-time Marketing Manager
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a full-time Marketing Manager position. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
ARE YOU OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE?
We are looking for a marketing professional who wants to use their skills, expertise and experience to contribute to MEDA’s remarkably effective global impact on poverty. You are strategic, creative, a self-starter, and have experience in not-for-profit marketing, fundraising, and communications. You appreciate and understand efforts to alleviate poverty in an international context using business solutions to poverty. You are interested in understanding the philanthropic interests of supports in order to most effectively create and deliver marketing and engagement opportunities. And you have an understanding and appreciation of our Anabaptist and Mennonite constituency.
The Marketing Manager position functions within the Marketing and Communications Department at MEDA. The department strives to deliver engagement opportunities to interest new and current supporters to participate in meaningful ways with MEDA’s mission. The department focuses on creating programs to build awareness, engagement and support with private and institutional donors through constituency engagement events, donor appeals, digital and printed communications and the packaging and presentation of publications and proposals.
The Marketing Manager will work with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of a high quality, high impact marketing product in a timely and cost-effective manner. They are responsible for ensuring that messaging addresses key target market personas and that the donor experience is seamless and convenient, integrating across multiple platforms and media. Responsibilities include raising income from the foundation of our donor pyramid from products including: direct mail appeals, bequests and the Gift Solutions Catalog. Objectives are to: raise funds from private donors, enhance and protect MEDA’s brand; expand MEDA’s reach and visibility; and provide supporters with high impact resources that enable them to grow in understanding, support and enthusiasm for MEDA’s work. This position will be based in Waterloo, Ontario with an ideal start date of August/September 2019.
Project Marketing, Strategies and Revenue Generation (70%)
- Develop complete product strategy: target personas, positions, promotional strategy, print collateral and digital tactics (direct mail, on-line etc.) ask levels; draft materials; regular appeals (3 per year) and impact reports (also 3X per year); collaborate with the Communications and creative team on development of content marketing strategies
- Ensure that product delivery is complete and addresses the full donor giving cycle and full product life cycle
- Review, track product performance and adjust strategy/tactics as necessary
- Responsible to contribute and maintain revenue generation between $800,000 and $1,000,000 annual income from the lower tiers of the donor pyramid through print marketing and other avenues:
– Quarterly direct mail appeals
– Annual Gift Solutions catalog
-Other avenues, to be determined
- Responsible to grow and increase numbers of donors (targets set in annual planning), including:
– Number of monthly donors
– Total number of donors
– Number of donors giving under $500 per year
– Multi-year retention numbers
– Number of bequests (intention identification and stewardship of additional donors per year with MEDA in their will)
– Manage the stewardship stream of communications pieces
- Provide support to Associate Development Officers addressing the middle donor market
- Monthly donation product: complete the focus group testing, finalize the product concept, develop collateral and promotional strategy and launch a monthly donation produce based on the MEDA Risk Capital Fund
- Lead the initiative to secure accreditation with respected Charity rating associations in Canada and US (i.e. CCCC, Imagine Canada, Charity Navigator)
Personas Development and Analysis (30%)
- View all marketing deliverables and communications through the lens of both of our key target personas to ensure their experience is meaningful, seamless and convenient, integrating across multiple platforms and media
- Identity and champion new models of engagement including products
- Administer annual donor engagement survey and broader market research, analyze and report on results including recommendations for action and follow-up
- Ensure persona marketing addresses the GenX demographic and broadens our reach beyond Mennonite supporters while being careful to continue deep engagement with our traditional base
- Collaborate with Constituent Engagement team and Marketplace Editor to optimize messaging and positioning with our target personas
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned.
- University degree, ideally Masters, in product marketing, marketing or a related field
- Proven track record of (5) years of senior level work experience in product marketing.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values
- Advanced writing, editing and communications skills
- Skilled in print product marketing and management
- Experience in the NGO and not for profit fundraising experience is a strong asset
- Awareness of current marketing and electronic communication trends
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including message development
- Successful track record in persona development and UI/UX marketing
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Familiarity with MEDA’s individual and government constituencies, including: bi- and multi- lateral government agencies, individual, institutional, financial donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1, 2019 @ 4:00pm EST.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to ApplyApply directly online by visiting MEDA's careers site: http://www.meda.org/careers.
86 total views, 1 today