Full-time Marketing Project Leader
The Project Leader will be an important member of the marketing team and will report to the Executive Director of Marketing.
The individual will lead and oversee projects that vary in size and complexity to support Marketing’s own efforts and those where Marketing is supporting other internal customers. This person is responsible for forming strong relationships with other departments and developing a deep understanding of how their work and the work of marketing interact with and impact one another. The Project Leader will equip and enable a team of project coordinators who will receive, assess and manage the majority of the projects themselves.
This position requires a high degree of administrative, leadership, interpersonal and negotiation abilities, as well as passion for serving the organization. It is a combination of:
- hard skills related to project management, planning and process development AND
- soft skills (1) to coach their team to grow and develop skills and abilities (2) to nurture relationships with multiple stakeholders (3) to listen carefully and understand what the person requesting the project hopes to achieve and (4) the initiative, when appropriate, to work with this internal customer to reshape and better fit their needs to the solution.
Since Compassion Canada is a Christian Mission organization whose role involves both ministry in and to the local church, both in Canada and abroad, and since it is expected of our donor base that we operate as a Christian ministry giving honour to Jesus Christ, employees of Compassion Canada shall:
- Participate in regular chapel services and corporate prayers.
- Pray with donors when requested by same or when deemed appropriate with donor’s permission. (This will apply to some positions more than others).
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace.
- Promote and defend the evangelical approach to ministry that Compassion Canada has adopted and put into practice.
It is further recognized that, since Compassion Canada is a Church-based ministry, both in Canada and abroad, each employee should be a member in good standing of a church that is in agreement with Statement of Faith of Compassion Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Project Leader will:
- Receive and promptly review all incoming requests
- Coordinate the timely implementation of projects and requests
- Nurture relationships with other departments to understand needs, set expectations and create partnerships
- Align with Marketing leaders to determine priorities and capacity in order to plan the best way forward
- Combine data and instinct to find process efficiencies, measure results and develop and roll out creative solutions.
- Support and contribute to the development of department budgets, strategies, plans and help establish priorities.
- Promote a culture of proactive cross-functional communication, collaboration and planning.
- Lead and develop a project marketing team toward one vision. Act as a Subject Matter Expert on project management best practices and methods for their team.
- Work with minimal supervision, proactively searching out and advocating for opportunities to strengthen our organization’s performance, people and systems.
- Explore and inspire innovative thinking that invites colleagues to find new and better ways to achieve objectives.
- Take initiative to anticipate and intervene to discuss issues before they occur.
Other Skills Required
- Spiritual maturity that leads by example and is rooted in a desire to serve staff and the organization in order to accomplish strategic goals.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as this person will often represent the Marketing team.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to manage conflict and confidently negotiate with tact and diplomacy.
- Self-directed learner with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities in what can sometimes be a high-pressure environment.
- Proficiency in common marketing project management methods and tools (i.e. Workfront, Wrike, Omniplan, Asana, Merlin Jira, Quire, etc.)
- Proficiency in Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- At least 2 to 4 years working in a project management role.
- At least 2 years of experience working in either a marketing team, an in-house creative team or a marketing agency.
- Experience working with web development teams, sales teams & event managers
- Proven track record of handling small, medium and large sized projects and managing several at a time.
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Have led, coached and developed direct reports.
The ideal candidate will have a postsecondary education. They will also have a keen desire to continually learn and develop new skills that will make them better at project management today and will help them grow in the future in relevant areas of personal and professional development.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the person so classified. Responsibilities and duties may change from time to time.
How to ApplyFor more details, please refer to the full Job Description. https://www.compassion.ca/employment/marketing-project-leader/ Deadline for resumes: January 17, 2020 Applicants should forward their resume to: email@example.com We appreciate all applications for employment, however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview. Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
213 total views, 1 today