Part-time Meals 4 Kids Coordinator
Meals for Kids Coordinator
The Meals for Kids Coordinator will oversee all food and nutrition needs of ICYA’s programs. Leadership will be given to the development and implementation of healthy eating practices to the youth we serve. Wherever possible, local children, youth and their families will be included in the purchasing, preparation and serving of healthy food choices. An emphasis will be placed on creating a family atmosphere of eating around the table as a group.
This is a part time job which will include at least four evenings per week and possible weekends.
- Highly organized, able to plan and implement management systems.
- Relates well to youth and children.
- Experience in inner city settings an asset.
- Is able to lead, direct and organize a volunteer team.
- Possession of a Food Handler’s Certificate, or the ability to acquire one.
- Experience cooking for larger group and running a kitchen.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (Class 4 preferred).
Meal Planning and Preparation
- Provide snacks and/or supper for all drop-in programs.
- Prepare lunches for children participating in ICYA summer club programs.
- Coordinate the meal for the annual community Christmas Party.
- Coordinate the meal for the annual community barbecue as well as obtaining the necessary food permits to run the event.
Food and Kitchen Supplies Management
- Pick up or coordinate the delivery of food supplies from Winnipeg Harvest bi-weekly.
- Grocery shopping as necessary, working within the budget allocated to the Meals for Kids program.
- Develop relationships with families from the surrounding area of ICYA, in order to incorporate them into the Meals for Kids program as volunteers and participants, as well as to work collaboratively in the planning of future Meals for Kids endeavours.
- Ensure that the kitchen is clean, stocked properly, health and safety procedures and codes are followed and food is properly stored and managed.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator in recruiting potential volunteers for the kitchen and provide training to the volunteers as necessary, in consultation with the volunteer coordinator.
- Work closely with the Meals Coordinator of St. Aidan’s Christian School in the coordination of food and kitchen supplies usage as well in advocating for the vision of ICYA’s meals program.
- To operate within the Lifestyle and Morality Standards of ICYA
- To maintain a vibrant spiritual life and to seek to grow in his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the reading of the scriptures, prayer, and personal discipleship.
- To seek out training opportunities that will better equip him/her for ministry.
- Regular meetings with the ICYA Director of Programming for purpose of evaluation, supervision, and prayer.
- Participation in ICYA group events including weekly staff meetings, retreats and training opportunities.
How to ApplyEmail your questions and/or resume's to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
91 total views, 1 today