JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PASTOR OF BCC
(FT/PT to be Determined – working toward FT)
Boundary Community Church, Midway BC, is a MB Church of some 35 congregants seeking a Pastor with a shepherd’s heart willing to shepherd the flock, providing spiritual care and protection through prayer and the ministry of the Word.
- Biblical character traits and qualifications of Elders.
- A Spirit empowered life, committed to prayer and exposition of the Word.
- Adherence to MB Conference statement of faith and the Constitution of BCC.
- Seminary education preferred, but if not, then commitment to education training while pastoring.
- Previous church ministry/leadership experience an asset, but not a limiting factor.
- Previous experience as a pastor is preferred, but not a limiting factor.
- Primary purpose is to proclaim Christ and to present everyone fully mature in Christ – Col. 1:28.
- Encourage, support, and work closely with the Elders.
- Work with the Elders to identify, develop, and equip leaders for various ministries.
- Provide and maintain leadership of the vision and mission of the church.
- Provide leadership in equipping leaders in promoting a vibrant youth ministry.
- Participate and give leadership in equipping people in providing a care ministry.
- Serve the church and community in the normal events of life: marriage, funerals, baptisms, church membership, child dedications, and counseling where appropriate.
How to Apply
Boundary Community Church c/o Search Committee
Box 129, Midway, BC V0H 1M0
Search Committee Chair:
214 total views, 1 today